SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Parts Strat HSS

What's Hot
Dipping my toe in the water here as I'm considering selling my Strat but not sure how to sell it.

It's a parts guitar but it is a Fender. USA neck with a Highway One body, fender bridge, tuners etc..

Tonerider pickups and a nice hand wired custom harness (can't remember who I used but probably James' Home of Tone.)

So what's it worth? If it was a USA nitro Strat I'd be laughing, and even Highway ones fetch silly money these days!

After having a set up and new nut fitted it probably owes me £750, is that unrealistic?

Only pics I have at the moment.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15014
    USA neck with a Highway One body, fender bridge, tuners etc.
    2014 neck date indicates American Special model.

Is the body refinished? Red H1 bodies had a semi-transparent finish that showed the grain. Opaque metallic red is suggestive of the American Special.

This is no bad thing. The two ranges were of almost identical specification bar the thin nitro finish of the H1. (I cannot remember when the Greasebucket tone control feature first appeared.) 

It is possible that what you have is actually a Fender Am Spl Stratocaster but with a modified pickguard and electronics assembly. 

I'm not going to knock it. I have one myself - ex-HarrySeven.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Funkfingers it is actually a dark trans red and not metallic, I bought the body on eBay as a H1 but never had any way of confirming that, the neck I bought on here. I keep trying with Strats and this is a great one, I’m just not a Strat guy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom