SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson Les Paul Custom 1993 Black Beauty

What's Hot
adriangonciarzadriangonciarz Frets: 58
edited January 2023 in Guitars £

You know it, it's a classic. When you think of Les Paul - you see a Black Beauty.

You take the guitar in hand and you instantly feel the massive, raw energy of a true LP. You see it's been played but well taken care of. It spent its life in the studio and on the tour and was always there, ready to rock. We exactly know its history, it comes from the northern lands of Sweden where it was used by a renowned musician in the heavy metal scene. We promised the seller we'll find a good owner for it and we'll keep our promise. Is that you?

Specification:

• one-piece mahogany body
  • Maple top
  • Mahogany neck
  • Nitro lacquer
  • Pickup: 490R (neck) and 498T (bridge)
  • Scale: 24 3/4 "
  • Frets: 22
  • Stainless steel, medium jumbo frets
  • Original hard case
  • Certificate
  • Gibson multitool
Price: 3400 GBP

Video: https://youtu.be/AYiYVSJlB9k

Check out my Feedback Thread
2reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Who’s the Swedish metal guitarist?  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4124
    Very nice, however I do not believe it is Custom
    Shop as suggested. The non-reissue version of the Custom was a Gibson USA model until around 2004 when it moved to CS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602 said:
    Very nice, however I do not believe it is Custom
    Shop as suggested. The non-reissue version of the Custom was a Gibson USA model until around 2004 when it moved to CS.
    Never said it was a CS model. I only said 1993 is an interesting year for Gibson;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adriangonciarzadriangonciarz Frets: 58
    edited January 2023
    Who’s the Swedish metal guitarist? 
    Actually it wasn’t a guitarist in the first place. Daniel Liljekvist, former drummer of Katatonia, who is a multiinstrumentalist as far as i can tell.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4124
    chrisj1602 said:
    Very nice, however I do not believe it is Custom Shop as suggested. The non-reissue version of the Custom was a Gibson USA model until around 2004 when it moved to CS.
    Never said it was a CS model. I only said 1993 is an interesting year for Gibson;)
    Saying “1993 is the first year of Gibson Custom Shop” in the ad is suggestive that it is a CS model. I did notice that you did not say it is, but it appears that you may be prepared to let someone misinterpret that it is a CS model. Not cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 21reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah what the hell
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • kennyabiskennyabis Frets: 102
    Come now you clearly implied it was a Custom shop model otherwise no need to mention it at all.... 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • I edited the description so everyone feels safe and the buyer makes a conscious decision. 
    A slight note here tho: Buying this expensive guitar it's very unlikely that someone will do it motivated purely by my description. A person interested will know what we're talking about. Are you going to also correct every post stating that "long-tenon" is a must-have or chambering is a bad thing and will kill your sustain? :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2291
    Thanks. What is the weight and please show more pictures of the damage to the neck.
  • slacker said:
    Thanks. What is the weight and please show more pictures of the damage to the neck.
    Sure thing! The weight is approx 4.2 kilos. Please find more photos in the Dropbox link. The neck was not damaged in any way, it's all natural wear.

• Buying this expensive guitar it's very unlikely that someone will do it motivated purely by my description. A person interested will know what we're talking about.
    The photos and your description is exactly  why someone would buy it. Its literally your advert. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

• Buying this expensive guitar it's very unlikely that someone will do it motivated purely by my description. A person interested will know what we're talking about.
    The photos and your description is exactly  why someone would buy it. Its literally your advert. 
    I am no one to judge people's motivation, but I trust people really go a bit beyond the pure description when buying things. And from what I experienced, especially the Gibson community is a picky one. Anyway - I hope there's no more shady stuff in my ad so one can focus on actual guitar.
  • MCluerMCluer Frets: 34
    I take it the guitar is in Poland? So import duty on the price too?
    https://harrysguitarboutique.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • So are you a trader then, with a traders profile etc?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MCluer said:
    I take it the guitar is in Poland? So import duty on the price too?
    https://harrysguitarboutique.com/
    No fee shipment is on me, for that you don't have to worry, you can just take a look at my Feedback Thread.
    I work in IT guys :) I just gather all my guitars under a brand but here I am a private person.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584

I just gather all my guitars under a brand 
    Then you are a trader. 

The rules here are clear - traders are not allowed to sell in the classifieds. I’ve closed this thread whilst the modmin team review. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.