SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1989/1990 Purple USA Strat plus (?) with EMGs DROP! SOLD

What's Hot
SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 735
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
Now SOLD :)

This is a "Player" condition USA Strat, with a N9 serial number (please do tell me if I'm wrong on the year!). It's purple, but hard to photograph. First photo looks blue, but the 2nd photo (from an angle) is much more accurate colour wise.

It plays well, and has had a new set of 9-46 on it. I was going to do another "resto-mod" (I say that tongue and cheek) and get SS6000 frets on it, but decided against it (I really want a Caribbean Mist green one, so holding off for that).

Has EMGs, and various polish marks and a few scuffs (mainly on the back, as pictured). Happy to take more pictures as needed.

Plays well as-is, but has some fret-wear (again, pictured). I've tried to take as honest a photo as I can, so it looks worse than it does in real life ... I think. You're welcome to come and have a look in person, however.

Odd one to price, but starting at £825.

Now dropped to £750. I'll do it for £650 without the EMGs - you'll get the original wiring loom, jack socket and switch, but no pickups.

Collection welcome from Central London, will post at cost (£20)

Interested in trades for an earlier ibanez RG with Edge/Lo-Pro edge and neckplate. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1763
    Very likely a 1990, official colour was midnight blue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Are those the Gilmore EMG?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Are those the Gilmore EMG?

No, but I'm pretty sure they're SA pickups - I'll check tonight. I have an SPC control somewhere, which I think basically would make it the same?

I'm quite tempted to polish this actually, the scratches look waaaay worse in the pictures than in real life.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6337
    To me, that looks like a strat plus deluxe. Do you have the original pickups to hand? 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • equalsql said:
    To me, that looks like a strat plus deluxe. Do you have the original pickups to hand? 

I don't I'm afraid - though it did come with the original wiring loom thingy, with TBX control.
  • Price drop, and an option to have it without EMGs.
  • PM sent
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 735
    edited January 2023
    Sold