Lace Sensor Dually Wiring

I’m in the process of adding a Lace Sensor Dually to the bridge position in my Tele and I’m looking at adding a SPDT switch to select each of the coils individually/together between the volume and tone knobs, like the old Telecaster Plus models.

Before I take it to my local guitar tech, does the wiring diagram from Lace make sense? I’ve seen some people online say that the switch itself needs to be an On/On/On rather than an On/Off/On

Wiring Diagram

Also, does anyone have any advice on which make of switch to use? I’m pretty clueless about electronics.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15281
    edited January 2023
    The official published diagram is correct. SP3T on/off/on is the type to use. 

One pole of a DP3T on/off/on would also work.

Pay close attention to the conductors marked with a thin black stripe. 

I like to have the mini switch lever lean away from the neck when selecting the coil nearer the bridge.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    SPDT Centre Off or SP3T on-off-on (both descriptions are used) is definitely correct.

These switches are actually pretty much of a muchness quality-wise.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Greetings all. New here So apologies if this is not the correct place for this question. I'm building a stignburger style headless small body guitar. With 2 Lace deathbuckers, 1 cts 250k push/pull vol. 1 cts 250k push/pull tone & a 3-way selector. My cavities are understandably small. And would like to try my best to do the wiring in one hit. 

I'm just getting a tad confused over the wiring of these lace humbuckers. There seems to be no decent diagrams for wiring in this configuration.  Any assistance or diagrams be most welcome. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15281
    Barnestah said:
    There seems to be no decent diagrams for wiring in this configuration.  Any assistance or diagrams be most welcome. 
    The official Lace Music diagram is freely available on-line. 

Orange = output AKA hot
    White = coils series link
    Black/white = pickup coils ground
    Green = permanent screen ground

For coil split wiring, a DPDT on/on switch selects whether white or black/white is connected to ground.

On a twenty four fret HH guitar, it ought to be possible to extract a passable Stratocaster "in between" sound using the inner coils of the humbuckers. 

Unfortunately, without seeing a pair of Lace Alumitone humbuckers, I can not tell whether their output conductors are configured with this wiring in mind.

To minimise confusion, I shall say no more for now.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.