SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB 50’s LP Special / Junior wrap around bridge

MikeCMikeC Frets: 459
The wrap around on my 57 LP special has grooves so the intonation goes out a little as you play at the dusty end. I know these go for silly money and I’m better off with a modern replica but want to try and keep the guitar original. Anyone have one? Preferably lightweight one. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5664
    Dude, buy a MojoAxe and keep the original in the case.
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 459
    I know, that’s what the head says. But the heart has other ideas. 
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5664
    MikeC said:
    The wrap around on my 57 LP special has grooves so the intonation goes out a little as you play at the dusty end.
    Unless you're playing with a wound G string, surely the intonation will be out anyway?
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 459
    It’s actually pretty spot on for much of the fretboard…I think it’s more of an issue with lightning bridges from the mid 60’s? 
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 876
    I put a Mojoaxe on my 57 Special.
    It sounds way better for me having it play in tune all the way up the neck ( it’s impossible for it to be in tune with the stock one ) 

So that would also be my vote if you already have the original you can put that in the case
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/