C# Tuning

What's Hot
I watched the other day a video by Rhett Schull 

It was really interesting looking at his opinion of tuning guitars to C#. I have an acoustic I usually keep in DADGAD but tried it with C# today. It's a Faith Neptune Trembessi so is a nice warm sounding, big bodied guitar. 

I don't own enough guitars to keep on in C# but it's such a great experience to play. The low end of the tuned down low strings is magical - such a rich, bass tone. Tuning initially is a bit al over the place but the strings are quite old. It's so inspiring to play and I really feel the resonance of the guitar body on my body when I play. 

Playing in G (A shapes) seems to work best I've found and mixing strumming with flatpicking is a joy.

I totally agree with Rhett and think it could well be one of my new go-to alternative tunings. Next to try is plugging in and adding a touch of reverb and tremolo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    My strat is usually in Open C and although the intervals mess with my head everytime I pick it up, it sounds amazing.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• My favourite tuning is Open C5
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1010
    edited January 2023
    My favourite tuning is after I take it out of the case.  C, that's sharp tuning!

Normal E for me - gets confusing otherwise.  Though I find -1 (E flat) is "instant Hendrix" on a Strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    My favourite tuning is Open C5
    you are Clive Sinclair and ICM...........etc etc
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6888
    Drop C for me.. metalz innit
    The only easy day, was yesterday...