SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Gibson Custom Shop True Historic 2015, R0 Vintage Cherry £5,000

What's Hot
wintomatowintomato Frets: 4
edited July 1 in Guitars £

I bought this in 2019 from Lucky Fret in Shoreditch, London. At the time I tried many different Custom Shop Les Pauls, including several from different years at Lucky Fret, but this Les Paul was the best I tried. All period correct features, including colour bleed into the binding, hand sanded top. The True Historics were produced for 2 years, 2015 and 16. The rolled frets make the neck irresistible, and just fantastic finishes all over. 

Here's a folder of all images.

https://ibb.co/album/gZkktS 

They are supremely well made, a joy to play, and this one is a joy to look at too, amazing flame top. 

The colour is vintage cherry burst.

There is plenty of info on the internet about these, including the Gibson Legacy model pages 

I used this guitar in rehearsals and a couple of gigs. There’s a mark on the neck that was there when I bought it, and another couple of marks on the body, all in the pictures. The old original nitro cellulose coating is easy to mark. This isn't a case queen, or whatever people call them, I'm not a collector. This guitar will get better with age, ideally they don't get damaged, but wear and tear will only improve the look of this fabulous guitar. 

Everything else stock, except the wiring loom, which is a Monty's 50s, I’ll supply the original wiring loom with the guitar, picture of the original loom, in the Montys packaging. 

Pick up only in East London. A reluctant sale, aren’t they all. I sold several guitars to purchase this, but not enough gigs these to justify holding onto a guitar of this value, and most people prefer me to use a strat. Yawn.

Amazing guitar, once you try it, you’ll want it. That’s what happened to me. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 10236
    Don’t think you’ve mentioned a price?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78 said:
    Don’t think you’ve mentioned a price?
    Pretty basic! Thanks, price added. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1663
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    Great top. What's the difference between the True Historics and the regular Historics of subsequent years?
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    Brize said:
    Great top. What's the difference between the True Historics and the regular Historics of subsequent years?
    The true historics got a hand sanded top and bit more finish love 
    tomajoha said:
    Brize said:
    ‘Double carved top’?
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    tomajoha said:
    tomajoha said:
    Brize said:
    ‘Double carved top’?
    No difference then!
  • Tomajoha is right, as the following years said they had true historic spec, but wasn't 100% the same. From what I remember, these true historics had hand sanded tops, and quite accurate by all accounts. 
    Check out the specs, yes, double carved.
    http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Custom/True-Historic-1960-Les-Paul-1.aspx

• There's a discussion here on the difference between true historics and following years. I'm sure there's plenty more forum posts on the topic!
    https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/2017-true-historic-specifications-year-2017-historic-specifications.454763/
    wintomato said:
    Tomajoha is right, as the following years said they had true historic spec, but wasn't 100% the same. From what I remember, these true historics had hand sanded tops, and quite accurate by all accounts. 
    Check out the specs, yes, double carved.
    http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Custom/True-Historic-1960-Les-Paul-1.aspx

From what I understand despite later ‘historics’ purporting to have all the same specs as the ‘true historic’ they didn’t other than plastics etc. The TH’s did seem to have some real nice dishes to them, I guess it proved a bit too labour intensive and they went back to how they had previously done it.  GLWS, lovely guitar.
  • There’s alot of info and discussion on forums about these. With all the specs they are definitely for the ‘cork sniffers’ (I mean this positively and not derogatory) and collectors, although this one has a few marks on it that may put the collectors off. As it’s not a perfect example. Changing the wiring loom would the first thing that puts them off(?)
    i bought it, as it was the best CS les Paul I had played! I was hoping to hold onto it, as it’s one of those guitars you keep. 
    Sadly life has got in the way. 
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 340
    I don’t think the loom will put buyers off. TH’s were given quite a bit more TLC than usual and they tended to be made from select timbers. The double carving refers to the guitar body being placed back on to the CNC machine for a second time and at a higher carving resolution, as the over enthusiastic slack belt sanding process is what usually removes a lot of the dish carve.

I’ve owned half a dozen or so (mostly R9’s) and they have always been excellent players. I tend to prefer Murphy Lab now as the hard lacquer feels nicer under the hand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I tried a couple of new 2019s around the time I bought the TH, and they sounded great, although I have to say, nothing beat the feel of the neck on the TH. Don't they all do rolled fretboard edges? As the TH has a great feel to it. Although saying that, so does my 2021 CS 335.
  • It hasn't been listed long, but decided to drop the price, a realistic price, given a few marks on the body. Absolutely amazing flame top, and 60s neck plays like a dream. 
  • Happy to receive offers. 
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 340
    wintomato said:
    I tried a couple of new 2019s around the time I bought the TH, and they sounded great, although I have to say, nothing beat the feel of the neck on the TH. Don't they all do rolled fretboard edges? As the TH has a great feel to it. Although saying that, so does my 2021 CS 335.
    I can’t speak on the TH R0’s as I’ve never owned one, but the R9’s had beautifully rolled boards, which you (supposedly) can only get from Murphy Lab now. Memphis used to roll the edges the same way. The TH R9 neck carve was massive though. Much bigger than the Carmelita profile.
    wintomato said:
    I tried a couple of new 2019s around the time I bought the TH, and they sounded great, although I have to say, nothing beat the feel of the neck on the TH. Don't they all do rolled fretboard edges? As the TH has a great feel to it. Although saying that, so does my 2021 CS 335.
    I can’t speak on the TH R0’s as I’ve never owned one, but the R9’s had beautifully rolled boards, which you (supposedly) can only get from Murphy Lab now. Memphis used to roll the edges the same way. The TH R9 neck carve was massive though. Much bigger than the Carmelita profile.
    The Murphy Labs do indeed have nicely rolled fingerboard edges
  • smogfallssmogfalls Frets: 148
    Ooh we have the same sofa! Lovely looking guitar mate! GLWS
    My Youtube Channel - Vintage Jazz, Blues & Country lessons;

https://youtube.com/@alexfarranguitar

https://instagram.com/alexfarranguitar
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sound Affects are selling a 59TH with a neck break for £4.5. Not as flamey as mine, so dropping the price a little again. £4800
    I don’t expect this guitar to sell quickly, but adjusting the price for this forum and current market
  • Price reduced. :-(