SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*Pending * FS/FT - Fender USA Strat 2001/2002 Sky Blue. Price drop and shipping added - £800

Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1667
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
Hi. Another one on the chopping block here as I keep buying strats, realising they don't really work for me then selling them. They always sound better when other people play them... can't think why  Was after something a bit more 'stratty' than my Plus Strat (which I actually do get on with) but we haven't gelled.

Anyway, it's from 2001 or 2002 according to a couple of the serial number checkers. Seems pretty much stock - no apparent mods or anything although the bridge is wired to the tone pot. No idea what the colour is but it's very close to how it appears in the pics. I'm sure it's not blue (sonic-blue) as there's definitely a green-ness to it, although doesn't seem as green as surf/seafoam or whatever it is. Could potentially be sonic blue but the lacquer has aged a touch therefore tinting it? Regardless, it's very pretty and looks like it does in the photos which, in the sunlight, seem to get fairly close to how it looks in the flesh. Nice dark board too.

Edit - thanks to some assistance looks like this colour is called Sky Blue.

Comes with trem arm, no back plate (although might have a rootle around the house for one that fits). Comes with a Kinsman hard case which seems a similar age to the guitar. Weight is 8lb 1oz according to my ropey kitchen scales.

It's in very nice cosmetic condition for a 20+ year old guitar that has definitely been gigged but, in the interests of full honesty, not quite as pristine as it might appear at first glance. Theres some lacquer checking on the neck and a small chip which I've tried to show. You can obviously feel the chip under hand and some of the crazing mainly by the skunk stripe. If I was keeping it I'd just fill the chip and give it a tiny rub down with an ultrafine wire wool. Some minor fretwear in the lower frets but nothing drastic. Small indent on the lower horn, bit of rash on the rear belly cut which should be visible in the pics. Had a set-up and once over by a local luthier who I'm sure you all know, trem floating with just enough for a bit of up wobble as well as down.

Collection from just north of Cambridge please. Currently don't have a box and dealing with couriers takes me to a dark place, although if a box falls in my lap then might be able to sort something. Edit - Box acquired and can ship (*shudder*).

Might trade for another amp or guitar - cash either way. Try me.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1667
    Bump.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 668
    ‘Sky Blue’ was also a colour for the 01/02 model year. I had one with a maple board. Difficult to tell factoring in 20 years of UV & playwear. Nice guitar regardless.
    Jackobean said:
    ‘Sky Blue’ was also a colour for the 01/02 model year. I had one with a maple board. Difficult to tell factoring in 20 years of UV & playwear. Nice guitar regardless.
    Cheers for that. I’d googled a bit and found a similar one for sale that was described as sky blue, but wasn’t sure if that was the official colour or just their interpretation. Good to know!
    Box acquired. Can now ship and a small price drop to £850. Shipping would probably be in the region of £30 quid insured I'd expect.
    Bump
    Bump and drop to £800.

Should be able to ship for about £30.
    Bump