SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Squier Classic Vibe (mostly) Strat [Price Drop]

SnagsSnags Frets: 5584
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
All the parts info is as told to me by the chap who put it together (local guitar tech) and I have no reason to doubt him. Bought towards the end of lockdown to satisfy a Strat itch, but all it has done is confirm that I like Strats better when other people play them.

Only thing I've done since getting it (apart from play it) is add the little spring and ballbearing to the trem hole so the trem doesn't flop about.

It was put together during lockdown when its creator was bored, using up the better appropriate parts that were sitting around in the workshop. So, to the best of my knowledge this is a:
  • Classic Vibe neck
  • Classic Vibe pickups
  • Body unknown but believed to be Squier, and quite possibly off a Classic Vibe
  • Scratchplate unknown (can't remember if it was loaded with the CV pickups are just one that fitted
Looks good, is very nicely setup (IMHO), holds tune and plays nicely. I'm just not a Strat person, it turns out.

Collection or meet up, please, not shipping.

I'm based in Hertfordshire, head up to Cheshire every other month, and am in Oxfordshire from time to time as a matter of course.

There are a couple of scuffs/rash marks on the back, nothing significant on the front. I've done detail picks of the "bad" areas. Images should enlarge and allow for zoom if you click on them. No cover for the rear cavity - that's how it came, and it's not caused me any concern, given I'm always clothed when playing ...

£195 £165 ono.

Rash on upper rear horn:

Scratch/scuff on read - looks worse in the photo than real life:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments