Tremolo for partscaster Strat

What's Hot
Hello

I'm thinking of putting together my first partscaster Strat. 

The body will probably be a Strat Deluxe model as these are readily available direct from Fender. The neck would be a 42.86mm nut width. 

Looking at bridge tremolo options. The easy option would be to just use a Fender Deluxe Tremolo. 

But what alternatives are there? Gotoh would be great, otherwise Wilkinson. 

The body has 2-7/32" post spacing (56.38mm)

Thank you. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 769
    edited March 2023
    If you can find one, there is the Kluson K2PT.

ABM make the 5050-U which Thomann stock.

Callaham make upgrades for the various 2-point Fender trems.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Ideally you want one with the 56mm post spacing but 54mm or even 52mm string spacing - the original 56mm string spacing is too wide for the standard Fender fingerboard and the E strings tend to fall off the edges. (Yes, I know people have been playing vintage Strats for nearly 70 years - it's still a problem!) The Fender Deluxe Tremolo is like this (52mm string spacing) or if you prefer 54mm, the Gotoh 510T.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittKitt Frets: 11
    Fender American Ultra/Deluxe 2 - point tremolo seems the simple choice. 
    56.4mm post spacing. 52.4mm string spacing. 

I just wondered if there was either something better for similar money or just as good for cheaper. I prefer to avoid a vintage trem/bent steel saddles. 

TBH the build is likely to come in at £1125 with a new body and roasted Fender neck plus the trem, neck plate, loaded Fishman pickguard/pickups. 

Questioning if it is worth the hassle and expense. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Kitt said:

TBH the build is likely to come in at £1125 with a new body and roasted Fender neck plus the trem, neck plate, loaded Fishman pickguard/pickups. 

Questioning if it is worth the hassle and expense. 
    Avoid the roasted neck. It’s the best way to ruin perfectly good maple.

You could buy a complete guitar for less than that - eg a Fender Vintera - but it may still not be exactly what you want and you will end up spending money changing parts.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein