SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: ESP/E-II Horizon (2018) Blue/Purple Gradation

What's Hot
imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3900
edited March 2023 in Guitars £
ESP/E-II Horizon in Blue/Purple Gradation with ESP hard case - £1,400

Lovely guitar but, me being me, bought at the same time as two others - and at least one needs to go.  It's in lovely condition with nothing noticeable - no dings and I can't see any scratches.  Recently strung with D'Addario 10s and cleaned up/fretboard conditioned, it comes with its hard case and a pair of Schaller strap locks.  The EMGs (57/66) are surprisingly versatile and worth reading up on if you're usually put off by active pickups: https://www.guitarinteractivemagazine.com/review/emg-57-66-pickups/

Message me if you want more pics/video/audio.

Trade-wise, I'd only really be looking at trading up (can add cash) - but by all means try me.

Can be collected from Carlisle area but will gladly ship at cost (less than £50).

CONSTRUCTION

Neck-Thru
SCALE
25.5"
BODY
Mahogany
Quilted Maple
NECK
3Pc Maple
FINGERBOARD
Ebony
FINGERBOARD RADIUS
305mm
FINISH
BLUE-PURPLE GRADATION
NUT WIDTH
42mm
NUT TYPE
Bone
NECK CONTOUR
Thin U
FRETS/TYPE
24 XJ
HARDWARE COLOR
Black Nickel
STRAP BUTTON
Schaller Straplock
TUNERS
Gotoh Locking
BRIDGE
Gotoh TOM & Tailpiece
NECK PU
EMG 66
BRIDGE PU
EMG 57
ELECTRONICS
Active
ELECTRONICS LAYOUT
Vol/Tone/Toggle Switch
CASE INCLUDED

IMG-1578 IMG-1579 IMG-1580 IMG-1581 IMG-1582 IMG-1583 IMG-1584 IMG-1585

Fender Custom Shop '60 NOS Stratocaster - £TRADED

Lovely guitar this.  It sounds and plays very well with no fret wear.  It has certainly been played though and has lacquer-checking, scuffs and a few dings.  Also, of note, is the sign of marks on the back of the neck from a stand which has affected the nitro and yellowed it a little, as shown.  The three-way pickup switch has been changed for a 5-way, with the original in the case.

Comes with certificate, case, keys, etc.  Can be collected from CA4 or posted at cost (around £50).

Will consider trades.

IMG-1587IMG-1588IMG-1589IMG-1590IMG-1591IMG-1592IMG-1593IMG-1594IMG-1595IMG-1596IMG-1597IMG-1598IMG-1599
CS-Strat-spec-sheet-1
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NightswanNightswan Frets: 1525
    That is killer. ESP Japan are stellar instruments. Up there with the best I've ever played.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BtrcuBtrcu Frets: 99
    Unfortunately, I've got got nothing suitable to offer in the way of trades but that is one stunning instrument, @imalrightjack ;.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, @Nightswan and @Btrcu - I think it's pretty well-priced too, based on others that are up at the moment.

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2321
    Very nice - I've always fancied a Horizon since being a fan of Helmet in the 90s :)  
  • @Fishboy7 Well, maybe now is the time to scratch that itch! ;)

My band, Red For Dissent
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4043
    I'd advise caution when it comes to scratching one's itchy helmet
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Custom Shop Strat added.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Spec sheet added for CS Strat.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
    Hi Jack, do you know what the position is with the decal on the headstock?  It looks like it’s missing the correct wording in places for a 1960 Strat.  
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3900
    edited March 2023
    @thebreeze - looks very much like some of the decal has come off.  I hadn't actually noticed that!  The perils of 20 years plus of natural relic'ing!

My band, Red For Dissent
    I can see that some of the letters are fading or coming off but the whole line “with synchronised tremolo” and “original” (above contour body) are missing altogether and no indication that they were there to begin with. I.e. it looks very clean and neat.  Sorry to be picky, I’m genuinely interested in a sunburst Strat so being careful and wanted to be sure you’re happy it’s an authentic neck etc.
  • @thebreeze - if you check my feedback, you will know I am an honest seller.  I can guarantee it has literally had one owner from new.  Actually, I've just remembered, the tremolo arm is missing but the guy I got it from is trying to find it.

My band, Red For Dissent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 476
    I totally misread these last two comments as being related to the Horizon...how I lol'd. 
    @thebreeze - if you check my feedback, you will know I am an honest seller.  I can guarantee it has literally had one owner from new.  Actually, I've just remembered, the tremolo arm is missing but the guy I got it from is trying to find it.
    Not questioning your honesty and integrity, I know you’re a long standing member, please don’t think that.  It’s just, as you say, you hadn’t noticed and sometimes even the CS guitars get faked so I need to check.  I remember there was particularly a thing around flamed and birdseye necks being copied.  Can the guy confirm those parts of the decal disappeared as one so to speak?  Maybe this guitar never came with the correct writing to begin with?
  • @thebreeze - no offence taken, it's okay :)

It's certainly a little frayed around the base of the decal.  Let me know if you want more pics to show it.  I've messaged the chap and will confirm whenever I can!

My band, Red For Dissent
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3303
    Jammed that Strat a few months ago. Fabulous neck on it. 

Great guitar but ultimately I'm just not a Strat guy.
  • @Deijavoo It really is a lovey neck.  It doesn't feel as vintage as I expected.

@thebreeze - Original owner has confirmed it has just flaked off with time.  These pics might help:

IMG-1613 IMG-1612

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Strat gone.  ESP still here.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • ESP still needs a new home.  Open to trades.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • SFS. 

My band, Red For Dissent