SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS SE Bernie Marsden Ltd Edition Trampas Green (2016) + Mannmade USA intonatable bridge

timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2504
edited March 2023 in Guitars £
2016 PRS SE Bernie Marsden signature model in Trampas Green, which I've owned from new.

£650 ONO SOLD

Selling because I'm running out of space for guitars and I prefer slimmer necks, though the PRS Wide Fat neck on this isn't huge - just very rounded and fills the hand nicely.

The first run of SE Bernies ran from 2011-2015, and this guitar is part of a 2016 "final run" of 250 guitars in six colours exclusive to PRS Europe. PRS then brought the Bernie back for 2017 due to popular demand, but this colour was not made available outside of this 2016 run. 250 doesn't divide nicely by 6, so I've no idea how many of each colour there are, but I've not seen another Trampas Green one come up since I bought this new in 2017, so I don't think there are many of them.

I've added a Mannmade USA intonatable stoptail bridge, which I imported from John Mann in the USA and wasn't cheap, but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for them over here so I'm leaving it on; the original bridge will be included with the guitar. The Mannmade bridge is one solid milled piece of aluminium with brass saddles, and it was a surprisingly significant improvement over the stock import bridge. Besides the obvious intonation improvements, it's helped fill out the low and and natural resonance of the guitar. It's also a handsome thing!

Condition: generally excellent with a couple of things to note:
  • one ding in the side from another guitar knocking it in a rack - image 9
  • one very slight scratch in the neck finish that I genuinely didn't know was there until I was photographing it for sale. I can't feel it even when I run my finger over it, but it is there - image 10
Otherwise I can't find a mark on it - the finish on PRS SEs is solid! The mahogany back has some almost quilt-like figuring that pops out from certain angles, which I've tried to capture (image 7), and the flame maple veneer's got a fair bit of movement to it.

I've rubbed the finish on the neck back ever so slightly to a satin feel, as they subsequently did on the 2017 run of SE Bernies, but it will polish back to gloss very quickly if that's what you prefer.

The guitar comes with a Fazley green/tweed hard case, which fits it snugly - images 11 & 12.

The final picture shows how this guitar has looked for most of its life with me, with a set of brushed nickel/gold pole Bare Knuckle Mules, which suited this guitar brilliantly and which I ordered specially to match the bridge and imitate the look of PRS covered pickups. I'm selling these separately, so have a look at those too!
The guitar is now back to its stock G&B PRS SE 245 pickups..

Collection from Birmingham B14 would really be my preference, but fully insured postage with Overland Express should be around £35-40 and I'll pack it thoroughly.

Pictures - sensible-ish embedded sizes below, full size album here:

Any questions, drop me a message

Tim
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 853
    Nice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6074
    Damn these PRS things are really starting to get under my skin a bit. Gorgeous colour and the neck looks like it feels fabulous. 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2504
    edited March 2023
    Sold!
    Tim