SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - 2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard Ebony now £1500

What's Hot
Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1198
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
Hey guys, Imgur seems down so I'm sharing a couple of videos to show the progress. They contain most of the details about the guitar.

It came to me as a project missing bridge, tailpiece, pots, knobs & wiring. Grover tuners, pickup rings, bridge studs and pickguard are original. Case is an aftermarket green tweed & brown faux leather LP case, pretty good though.

Currently it has the uncovered SD Pearly Gates humbucker set in and the Monty's 50s wiring loom. I have also partially refinished the back in black nitro since these videos to address the graffiti issue, so there is no longer any evidence of it and the back is fully black - it's not a pro job but it's in keeping with the rest of the finish which is far from pristine. This is cosmetically a worn guitar with a generally weathered finish, some chips & checking, but structurally it is solid with no breaks and plays and sounds excellent. Lots of fret life. It's setup in drop-A with EB Baritone Slinkys on but it will go back to standard with minimal adjustments.

It's non weight relieved and is just over 4.3kg. Neck profile is the USA 50s, so not the massive 58-style but a nice round handful.

You really need to see this in person so collection in Preston Lancs. much preferred. Asking price is £1600 ONO, trades wise please try me, interested in guitars or valve heads of roughly equivalent value or part-ex with cash my way. If you want to see it before offering I'm open to that.

Please feel free to ask any questions, I will give as much additional detail as you like.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments