SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(SOLD) 2014 Fano RB6 Standard

What's Hot
marczwetslootmarczwetsloot Frets: 46
edited March 2023 in Guitars £
Had never planned on this being up for sale, due to it being an absolutely incredible guitar, but I happened across another Fano that is closer to my ideal spec. Bought from the lovely @DB1 a couple of years ago. 

Absolutely stunning Fano RB6 Standard, sort of modelled on old 50s Rickenbacker Combo guitars. These seldom come up for sale. 

Beautiful nitro candy apple red relic finish, with a tonne of checking. 
Neck is worn down. 

Two Fano P90s, wrap around bridge, three way selector. 

24.75” scale, alder body, maple neck with rosewood board. 

Imagine a 50s P90 Les Paul but with Fender woods. Sounds massive and very detailed. Super bright and resonant when unplugged.

All American-made Fano guitars are handmade by the same builders, whether it be the Standard, Oltre or Alt De Facto models. 

Comes with a great quality Levy’s Fano gig bag. 

Pickup in Edinburgh, or can possibly meet across central Scotland.

Postage available. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited March 2023
    Marc, that should have been everything that I don't like in a guitar - solid bodied, chunky neck, relic'd, etc, but I was amazed at how good this guitar is and absolutely loved its character, feel and sound. It's a fabulous guitar, and one that I wish that I hadn't sold. Oh, and Marc is just great to deal with.

BTW, that's two people that think I'm lovely  - the other one is me.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1 said:
    Marc, that should have been everything that I don't like in a guitar - solid bodied, chunky neck, relic'd, etc, but I was amazed at how good this guitar is and absolutely loved its character, feel and sound. It's a fabulous guitar, and one that I wish that I hadn't sold. Oh, and Marc is just great to deal with.

BTW, that's two people that think I'm lovely  - the other one is me.
    Thanks @DB1! ;

It’s a hell of a guitar. All the feels of a chunky 50s LP, but the snap and brightness of a Tele. I had genuinely never planned on selling it, but the SP6 that has come my way is every bit as much a guitar, but with the bonus of being the exact specs I’d want. 

Thanks for the kind words! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 530
    RB6s are great guitars - I have a Thinline and a solid body.

You don't get much for £1,500 these days, but you do with an RB6.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Castro said:
    RB6s are great guitars - I have a Thinline and a solid body.

You don't get much for £1,500 these days, but you do with an RB6.
    Fano are just stellar guitars all round. I’m aiming for an RB6 Thinline, so need to move this on to help make that happen! 
  • ssuttiessuttie Frets: 9
    PM'd
  • CastroCastro Frets: 530
    What's the weight of this beauty?
  • Castro said:
    What's the weight of this beauty?
    Sadly don’t have a set of scales anymore, but it’s light. It’s on par with, if not a little lighter than my ‘96 SG Standard. 

• SOLD.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom