SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB 1/4 or 1/2 scale guitar

mynameistroublemynameistrouble Frets: 24
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
After trying very hard not to push the matter, other than surrounding them with guitars from day one, my soon to be 6 y.o. has said those words every guitarist hopes their offspring will say - 'will you teach me guitar?'

So I want to strike while iron is hot and get in before the interest in an awful TV show called  vampirina wears off (the real source of their interest, nothing to do with me or my instruments).

Does anyone have a 1/4 or 1/2 scale guitar lying around? I understand 1/4 is roughly for up to age 6 but I'm not averse to future-proofing.

Prefer electric (so we can plug into my gear) but will also consider acoustic if necessary. Don't worry if it needs fretwork or electrics sorted, I can do all that, just want something cheap but vaguely functional.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    We got my daughter a pink squier mini Strat in lockdown from peach. She plays piano and flute and isn’t in the slightest bit interested. If the pink isn’t an issue, drop me a pm. Been meaning to sell it
  • Power-BeefPower-Beef Frets: 214
    I have a MINT Ibanez Mikro Paul Gilbert signature model. I took it to my local shop (Electrohill) for set up and a Alnico II pickup swap, as well as mods so it has "real" RG wiring. It plays well and I have been using it as my training wheels. Let me know if you're interested? I bought it new so I still have the box to post to you.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7276
    tFB Trader
    I have a Squier Mini Jazzmaster HH here which is looks cool and after a fret dress and set up it plays well.
  • I have a black Encore strat with white pearloid scratch plate in a uke gig bag available for £40 posted if interested. Pm me for photos etc.