Lefty Necks and Nuts

What's Hot
My mate has a hankering for something similar to the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas blah blah (give it a snappier name) , the tele shape one. Charvel don't make one so we had a thought about making one. Seeing as the right hand one has a reverse headstock, If we bought a right hand tele neck and swapped the nut for a left hand one would that work? I can't for the life of me think of a reason why not, that makes me think there is a reason but I don't know it. 
Any help graefully received 
ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3222
    edited April 2023
    I did a couple of upside down RH Strats and used left hand necks worked perfectly with a RH nut, just no side dots…easier for you to do as there are so many RH necks around compared to lefties…

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• spev11spev11 Frets: 474
    ah right oh, i'm on the path then, just need to find a suitable body and we are up and running

• elstoofelstoof Frets: 2778
    When Gibson make a lefty guitar they just take a neck from the standard stock pile and add some extra side dots, which is why they have dots on both sides
    elstoof said:
    When Gibson make a lefty guitar they just take a neck from the standard stock pile and add some extra side dots, which is why they have dots on both sides
    really? I'd not seen one, if I had a music shop nearby I'd go look  =)
    well bugger me, I have to be honest though given how much Gibson charge for Les Pauls both LH and RH i'd want it to have at least the appearance of being made to be (if you know what I mean)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well it is made to be tbf, just one of those things now that lefty Gibsons have dots on both sides for historical reasons