SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS, Nitro Relic Musikraft Body W/Callaham Trem

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
edited September 2013 in Guitars £
Afternoon all, I bought this in the dying days of the old forum from CasperH but thinking on it I need to stop trying to build guitars and spend what little free time I have playing rather than tinkering ( I know that i say that every time I have a sell off, even I think it's getting old).

So anyway what we have here is a 'distressed' (I used the 'R' word in the thread title but it's a real marmite word for me) Casper sold it to me as a Musikraft body, there's no branding to that effect on the body but I have no cause to question the veracity of the claim

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/P1000236_zps58cee3dd.jpg

From the grain coming through the paint it looks like Ash to me and it's Black over what looks like Sonic Blue

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/P1000235_zps54b2a742.jpg

It's not going to fool George Gruhn but it's not a terrible job.

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/P1000237_zpsae8c1dee.jpg

Also included is an aged Callaham trem, (the arm is missing but it's complete other than that).

Now in the spirit of honesty I feel compelled to point out that the trem holes have been drilled on the p**s.
If you look at this picture where the scratchplate is on straight you'll see that the treble side of the trem is too far back

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/P1000233_zps2de1f0a9.jpg

In fact if you look you can just see the leading edge of the trem cavity in front of the plate where the arm screws in.
Having had the trem off  I reckon you'll get away with the Low E & D screw holes but the other 4 will need filled & drilled to get it looking right

Also included is the aged pickguard, jackplate, neckplate.

Bit of work to get it totally square but it's a lot of quality bits for the £120 posted I'm asking for it.
Anyone ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    School boy error, can I move this to the Classifieds or is it a 'Mod thing'?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    You can edit the category by editing the first post  (click the wheel at the top right).

Nice body btw - be nice to see it on a finished guitar :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the tip man, have some wisdom
  • I like that, will see if my Westone sells soon enough. Good luck.
    I like that, will see if my Westone sells soon enough. Good luck.
    Interest duly & gratefully noted fella. It is a quality piece (annoying trem hole issue notwithstanding) but I know what I'm like, I'll just never get around to building it, it would be better off going to someone who will actually do something with it.
    Bump to the top.

looking to buy a set of shiny shiny Mojo pickups for my Tyler transformation so could really do with selling this.

Think of it this way, it's Nitro+Musikraft+Callaham@£120 posted = Bargain.

Might be up for trade/p/ex on a 2x12 cab as well...

Might have some interest in the trem so if anyone fancies the body,plate,jackplate,& neckplate I might be interested...
  • I've got a 2x12 I could trade you. Jet City with Eminence Speakers.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• How many cabbage leaves without the trem?! Would be perfect for me as I'm going to throw a floyd strat together.... Cheers...
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    edited September 2013
    How many cabbage leaves without the trem?! Would be perfect for me as I'm going to throw a floyd strat together.... Cheers...

@Aidanspaghetti £65 posted any good ?
    edited September 2013
    stonevibe said:
    I've got a 2x12 I could trade you. Jet City with Eminence Speakers.

Jef, Hmm I'm tempted, the option of cash is favourite but if it doesn't pan out I'll be in touch shortly