SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - 1967 Telecaster

What's Hot
bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2925
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
1967 White Refin Telecaster. 

Was up for £6k for the two and trades. 
Price now added for the 67 Tele after selling the 78 for a very low price on Facebook to a very happy person. 

Pics - 
https://imgur.com/gallery/Jf0uIqs

White refin 1967 tele - £5,250 or trades. 
All original but for the neck pup and pots. Includes original tolex case. 
Neck is mid size, not fat but def enough to get hold of and not slim, lovely feel. Recent refret so plays absolutely bang on. 

Black refin 1978 tele - Sold on Facebook. There was no price on here to buy it on its own, as I had it for trade with the 67.
All original but for volume pot and switch.
Pickguard has the serial number sticker on the back. 
Pickups are original - Black white wires neck, yellow black wires bridge (not braided metal). 
Neck is a stunner and sounds excellent. 
This is a good one - I'm of the opinion that all rosewood board tele necks from the 70s are all decent (whereas I don't like 70s maple boards). This isn't a slim one, I'd say mid size and not fat - just right. 
I don't have a case atm but will try and find something but would rather meet up anyway. 

Trades, looking for fender masterbuilt, maybe custom shop or a nice Gibson. Quite fancy a vintage sg standard. 
But open to other stuff too. Lazy J, Tyler, vintage Jazz or Jag, what have you got. 
Oh and happy ro throw in cash on top. 

I'm selling as I recently got another 67 Tele (like buses, arrived totally out of the blue) with a chunky bigsby, with a Clive brown refin. So keeping that with my masterbuilt strat and thinline tele. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1223
    I love the 67. It must be a refin in that condition surely? If not. it's practically mint from the photos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @ElectricXII - yes, they're both refins, hence in the opening line it says 'two refin teles up for sale' :-)

It's a gorgeous refin, I'd say it's like a dark olympic white. Very similar to a 1970 strat I used to own. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1223
    @ElectricXII - yes, they're both refins, hence in the opening line it says 'two refin teles up for sale' :-)

It's a gorgeous refin, I'd say it's like a dark olympic white. Very similar to a 1970 strat I used to own. 
    Ah yes, sorry, missed the first line! 
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2760

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://imgur.com/gallery/w98n4rO

And this is sort of the reason I'm selling. 
    It appeared almost out of nowhere. 
    Calling me.... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9940
    Nice guitars you’re selling. Must be mad to change it for one with a bigsby. Should be illegal
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7451
    edited April 2023
    The off white one is just the perfect looking Tele 

Almost Mike Bloomfield-ish if you hacked 1/4 of it off
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2925
    edited April 2023
    Black tele gone.

White 67 Tele price added, rather than price for the two. 
    Still available for trades or sale. 
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1650
    Good price for a 60's Tele.
    Without the original pots it might be an idea to show any factory markings still present in the neck pocket. 
    What size is the new fret wire?
    edited April 2023
    Thanks @streethawk, fair point. 

Happy to share photos of the factory markings to anyone interesting in buying it.

Oct 67 neck with no skunk stripe, with original tuners. Single string tree. 
    Neck cavity has correct factory markings and the body has the diagonal route.

Fret wire is mid size, can't recall it's name. 
  • pjfpjf Frets: 332
    You should include the sold price of the black tele, just sayin’. Both look awesome.
    edited April 2023
    Black tele sold on Facebook, don't think I need to include a sold price. Never known anyone on this forum say specifically what an item sold for, especially if it sold somewhere else. Albeit it was sold very cheap. 

Haha... 
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/245161/how-to-piss-on-someones-for-sale-thread-and-appear-nice#latest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2651
    Is it fair to ask why you were selling it individually on fakebook but together with the 76 on here?
    edited April 2023
    Yes but probably better to ask me via pm as this is a for sale thread. And wont help now it's sold. 

I put it on here for trades on here, as that's what I wanted and would have preferred a trade for a higher end guitar. 

And tbh didn't really have a ue what it was worth being a refin. 

Just a moment of madness on Facebook at 10.30pm after a few beers and it sold in under 20 minutes! So was a  little shocked tbh.
    Prob sold it way too cheaply but glad it went to someone that's going to gig and record with it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Swap for an rgv250