SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All Sold - FS: MIJ Strats - One Fender, One Tokai

What's Hot
Garold86Garold86 Frets: 125
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
Looking to move both of these on as they're just not getting played. Can ship either for £25, or pickup from Epsom.

Fender ST-STD (2010):

3 Tone Sunburst, with a 2 piece Alder body (really nice grain through the burst on the back).

This one's had some serious upgrades, and hence isn't your usual MIJ strat.

Firstly it's got a set of Fender Hot Noiseless pickups installed, which really sing. The tuning pegs have been replaced out for Gotoh Locking tuners, and to complete the tuning stability, it's got a Gotoh VSVG tremolo bridge installed, which doesn't miss a beat. Overall, the upgrades alone are worth £350. It's also been upgraded to include a Neck-On Push/Push button. Helps bring the neck into play in positions 4/5 so you can have all 3 pickups engaged in position 4, or Bridge + Neck in position 5 (which makes it sound a bit like a Tele).

Being a japanese strat, it's just a really nice guitar to play, and is in great condition overall. There's loads of life left in the frets without any noticeable divots and the neck is straight and true without any warp whatsoever. There are a few small knocks to the body, but nothing major.

£600 £500

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/mbVsECK

Tokai TST36HS-ABBR (1985) Sold Elsewhere 

This is a limited edition Tokai Strat from the mid 80's. There's not a huge amount of info out there on them - they seem to have been produced as domestic Japanese guitars to gauge interest in certain specs / editions for later mass production, whilst also trying to tap into the scene at the time.

This one's a HSS, which was routed at factory for 3 humbuckers. The humbucker is pretty punchy, measuring 17.25k on my multimeter - I don't know what magnet is in it however. The middle / neck are a more vintage sounding 5.45/5.25k.

Body is basswood, I believe, and the neck maple with a rosewood board. Everything is painted black, including neck and headstock (incidentally I have a Fender All-Black Strat too, which is my current go-to).

It's in decent condition for it's age, plenty of life in the frets etc, and is overall a pretty rare guitar, albeit not a particularly valuable one.

£300 £250

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/3hLtJe8
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 913
    I’ve got the red version of your black Tokai but with a wangle bar for dive-bombs which is a SD45 model. Really hot 80’s HSS pickups. Those Japanese know how to make great guitars. 

GLWTS. 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12747
    I had one of those Tokais - plus another 'Custom Edition' one with twin humbuckers and the Tele version. They are *great* guitars - the only downside for me was the mega-hot pickups. Great necks on these.
    GLWTS
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Garold86Garold86 Frets: 125
    Could do with moving these on, hence prices dropped.

Open to offers / trades etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Garold86Garold86 Frets: 125
    Tokai sold elsewhere - anyone for a nice Fender?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom