SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD..Squier 1989 Strat made in Korea. S09 serial number. now £165+pp

What's Hot
swillerswiller Frets: 1671
edited June 2023 in Guitars £

This one is Original apart from the string trees which were replaced by last owner. Bought 2 of these and modded one for an edge style strat and is now my main strat.  So is a bit surplus to requirements and do want someone to appreciate what bargains these are, even at £300+

The pups and pots are original and everything looks as it should pick guard off. It does have some sticker darker spots on the body which are not obvious in the photo. It’s very mild, just natural ageing, so in certain light can see oval darker shape (X2) where stickers have been for years. The body is clean, showing grain with just one 2mm chip on lower ear body.

Neck , frets all pukka and as good a neck as ive played on a strat. USA/JV/CV owned. It does need a fretboard clean, fret polish to get it absolutely pristine .Still has faded OG gold sticker at base of neck. neck is not chunky or thin but a medium C shape i think. Not offensive in either direction, but girthier than my CV60 2010 strat, which i would describe as thin,

I paid 185 and now £165 therefore that’s the price collected or… Can deliver FOC Swansea(based), Haverford west or Carmarthen most weeks. Postage considered at buyers risk. Do have a box another 1989 was sent in. Send me a case/box  = fine.

If you know, you know.. but if you don’t know about these….

1. Quite heavy, 9lb I reckon, can weigh. Great feeling and playing guitar. Correctly strung, no issues with staying in tune with the stock traps. Trem is fender saddled and decent size block, for me v similar to JV series.
  2. Becoming sought after for all the right reasons. Necks can go for same as asking price. Not many stock like this one anymore with pups, pots  or in as good condition etc.
  3. It sounds thick and meaty,  the pups are microphonic and that’s all fine/desired for many. Unplugged, much weightier, louder than the 2010 CV and my eastman SB59. Very vibey stratty sound plugged in.
  4. Not plywood, but laminate and same tech as steinway use in their most expensive concert pianos round the sides. Very resonant, as much as my SB59 on the neck. It’s 34 years old so may just have settled very well. The wood is a reason to buy, not to avoid, it is unfashionable and rare, but gives a big meaty foundation for any pups.   
  5. Lots of info on Squier forums on these and this purchase was well researched by me. Everything fits as original and appreciating guitars and a very sought after vintage. My other was an E9 and the same vibe 100%.

Would suit someone fed up with imho the narrow window of what a strat should be these days and wants to try out something that plays very well and offers strat in all its glory, but a quite unique sound in todays terms. Great rock and roller, but can do twangy cleans.

Think CS owners would be very surprised at how often, as a home guitar, it gets picked up. Deffo has a different personality and is very stratty. Or anyone thinking of spending sub 400 on any new strat. For me 95% of the way there to a JV series and may have shared parts (trem, neck).

Ive modded one (E9 serial, same year) but came with non OG pups and very consistent with this and is a keeper. Just pups and pots and shielding done, but now my main strat, with quality and feel of jap/USA standards.

Happy to trade for a similar quality tele, especially if it is a 34 year old Korean Squier tele.  I previously owned a CV custom 60s 2010 tele and really liked it. Not really interested in Harley benton newer types, but would consider eart, cv classic vibe or decent partscaster.

More pics available for genuinely interested parties. Show me a better strat for £165.

A recent vid of a maple neck version, with more modern pups. But a good idea of how these sound as the body and neck and block really do give it a thick vibey brash tone. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaBLWY_8jzw

Dont worry, be silly.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• swillerswiller Frets: 1671
    Bump, some convos on here about how good late 80s strats were in last day or so. This is no exception. Sought after serial number.
    Show me a better strat for £185. It has to go.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump. Now £165+pp.Would love an experienced  FBer to experience these if they havent. (and review it on here). 

No profit flippers on this one please.  ill just lock it away if no interest from players. 

Would be a great forum guitar review thread/send on at postage cost after a month vs my expensive strat. If there are 5 forum big guns willing to participate over 6 months, ill donate the 165 to breast cancer.

They are superb strats that offer big thick meaty strat tone. cant recommend them enough if you are not familiar with. Satisfaction levels are up there with JV series, jap fenders/squiers of a similar era and shine through any valve amp.

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    SOLD!
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4089
    Yay!