SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD*: 2020 Gibson Les Paul 50s Standard HCS

What's Hot
bad_alicebad_alice Frets: 271
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
I took this absolutely gorgeous 2020 Gibson Les Paul 50s Standard in a trade yesterday. It's in fantastic condition, with the only flaw a minor impression on the back (pictured) that doesn't even break the surface of the nitro. As the previous owner informed me the impression was there when he bought it I feel I can take a stab at saying it's in "as new" condition. YMMV, of course. 
Anyway, it's barely been played and has spent the majority of its life safely stored in its wonderfully iconic brown leather/pink fur Gibson hard case.
So, here's the thing. I have my eye on something and I need £1500 for this guitar to get that. I'm also aware that Gibson has hiked its prices over the last week - for example, the UK RRP of a 50s LP Standard has been bumped up to an eye watering £2799 for 2023. This leads me to two points:
1. feeling concern for all UK guitar stores, as the reality of what price they need to pitch these guitars at to their customers - if you check online the discounting has already begun - to make the sales they need vs Gibson's internal pricing, strongly suggests any profit margin is going to be tightly squeezed.
2. I have my eye on something shiny and delectable and I need to raise £1500 to let me buy that, so regardless of Gibson's own valuation, that's my price. Plus if that helps someone get their mitts on a full fat LP Standard that they might not otherwise be able to afford? Well, that'd be lovely.

Enough rambling, here come the main specs:
• Heritage Cherry burst in gloss nitro
• solid mahogany body and maple cap
• vintage 50's-style mahogany neck
- comfortable and easy to play
 • rosewood fingerboard and trapezoid inlays
• ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge
• aluminium stop bar tailpiece,
• vintage deluxe tuners with keystone buttons
• aged gold tophat knobs
• calibrated Burstbucker 1 (neck) and Burstbucker 2 (bridge) pickups (AlNiCo II magnets)
• Harness: hand wired audio taper potentiometers and orange drop capacitors.
Weight: 9lbs 7ounces

Full specs on Gibson's website here: https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/USAUBC849/Heritage-Cherry-Sunburst
YouTube demo: 

In short, it's a wonderful guitar and not too heavy for a non weight relieved USA 50s LP Standard too. It comes with all the case candy shiz, including its "baby photo", Gibson multi tool, documentation, Gibson strap and everything else Gibson feels a new LP Standard owner should own from the get go. It needs to be played. Loved. Have riffs belted out on it. And treated as the rock n roll partner-in-crime it was born to be.

Price: £1500 firm (Bank transfer or PayPal Friends preferred, but should you feel safer using PayPal Goods that's fine but please be prepared to cover the 3.4%+20p fees that method of payment adds to the total price).
I am prepared to send this by courier at your arrangement and cost. UK Mainland only.
I pack securely and safely and will source a robust, heavy duty cardboard guitar box and packing to ensure the guitar is well protected in transit. Feel free to check my Trading Feedback to reassure yourself that I'm an honest and reliable seller. The link to that is in tiny blue letters under this post.

Obviously, I'm looking to sell this for actual hard cash but, should the shiny thing I'm after disappear off the horizon then...
Trades? I'm always interested in hearing about any non back breaking good brand LP with either P90s or mini humbuckers (think Gibson LP Deluxe, Maybach, Eastman etc that might be out there.
P/X:  something chuggy? ESP Ltd/Jim Root/Epiphone LP Prophecy/that sort of thing around the £500 would be cool?

Hey, it never hurts to ask plus...I'm weak. So, there's that.

Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9863
    Saw this earlier, glad someone has bought it. One day I will replace my Epiphone with the real thing and this is exactly the kind of Les Paul I will be after. Lovely guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bad_alicebad_alice Frets: 271
    Saw this earlier, glad someone has bought it. One day I will replace my Epiphone with the real thing and this is exactly the kind of Les Paul I will be after. Lovely guitar!
    Thanks so much and what a lovely comment to leave! Wishing you all the best x
    Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
    My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom