SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - NY Price Slash - Custom Made Telecaster Custom - Josh Parkin Guitars, UK

What's Hot
AshingtonAshington Frets: 6
edited January 5 in Guitars £

For sale is my custom Tele Custom, built a few years ago by Josh Parkin Guitars in York. Josh is now one of the principal builders at PJD Guitars.

Josh made this for me using a slightly modified, contoured Telecaster body and his own neck heel adaptation. The body is 1-piece Brazilian mahogany, apparently decades old, with a nicely flamed ‘Euro’ maple and Indian rosewood neck. Rosewood on the neck is lovely and dark, with deep red/purple variation across the fretboard. The neck has a soft v-shaped back and is finished in a nice, slick flash-coating of nitrocellulose.

Star of the show is the 5A-flamed roasted maple drop top, which is stunning. So nice that the classic 3-tone sunburst is really only two-tone, utilising the natural wood colour in the centre. The same finish is applied to the rear, so you can see the darker mahogany colour there. The finish is nitrocellulose, not a thick coating so it’s not a crazy deep gloss – enough to show off the wood and make photographs a bit tricky.

I also had Josh make me a maple pickguard, which also looks awesome. It’s finished in a much harder-wearing polyurethane.

The pickups are in-house, wound especially for this guitar’s darker body wood. They sound really good, very versatile with a great tone sweep. Using my DMM I measure the neck at 9.8k and the bridge 11.4k. The rest of the electrics are top quality – CTS, Switchcraft, paper-in-oil etc.

There are a few very small signs of use, but the guitar is generally in super condition. Earlier this year I had it serviced by a local luthier (Matt Kersey, https://www.kerseyguitars.com/). Comes with the hard case in the picture plus its original black pearloid pickguard.

Viewing/demoing is entirely welcomed, I’m based in Hertfordshire and happy to drive a short distance if needed.

£1400 only. Collection is obviously preferred but I’m happy to ship it fully insured, with proper guitar-sized packaging.

Reason for sale is, I don’t play as much as I used to for health reasons and I’m looking at a couple of building projects – a guitar and an amp, not a conservatory. This guitar is the most underused of mine, considering its quality and value.

Any questions, or if you want any more photos etc, get in touch.

Full specs:

·       1-piece mahogany body

·       5A flame roasted maple drop top

·       3-tone sunburst nitro finish, front and back (centre is the natural roast maple colour)

·       Masked-edge binding to top

·       Contoured body and neck heel

·       Lightly flamed maple neck with soft-v profile, satin nitro finish

·       Rosewood fretboard, 10” radius, 43mm nut

·       6105 ‘Narrow/Tall’ frets, 25.5” scale length

·       Flamed maple pickguard

·       Gotoh bridge, Kluson trapezoid locking tuners

·       JPG custom wound pickup set – wide range neck humbucker and tele bridge

·       CTS/Switchcraft hardware, PIO tone capacitors

·       2 x vol, 1 x tone controls, 3-way toggle switch

·       Hard case

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AshingtonAshington Frets: 6
    I was asked about the neck on this guitar, along the lines of 'How chunky is it?' - in short, it's not very chunky.

Measuring at the 1st and 12th fret my calipers say 20.75/22.05 mm respectively, or 0.82/0.88 inch. The flash nitro coat gives it a slinky feel too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    It's a cool looking guitar for sure. I'd stick the pix in the thread, always better than linking.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    too pretty to hide behind a link that 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    Very cool, beautiful guitar. GLWTS!

Thanks guys, I worked out a way of getting them in the original post
    Small bump, small price reduction
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 375
    edited May 2023
    That is one beautiful guitar! I love the control layout and slight lower body change especially. Definitely worthy of a George Takei style ‘oh my’!
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • What a beauty! 
    It is a beautiful instrument, the woods look and sound amazing, plus the pickups are awesome. Unfortunately, it was a choice between keeping this or my PJ Eggle 96
    Bump
    Bump
    Another bump for the summer, and asking price down a bit more
    edited November 2023
    August heatwave bump and a generous drop in asking price, in case you're tempted. This beautiful instrument is wasted on me
  • Nudge, wink
  • Bump
  • One more bump
  • Great looking guitar, beautiful woods. Do you know the weight of the guitar?
  • Hi, glad you think she’s pretty! Using my luggage scales the guitar comes in at an even 10 lb, or 4.54 kg
  • A contextual bump - just seen an Andertons vid about PJD Guitars in York. It seems Josh Parkin is one of the principal builders there now, in case that helps with the provenance of this beauty

https://youtu.be/VwFpRlpQjSY?si=Gna-xrwqGS2iMSrI @13:35