SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

NO LONGER LOOKING : Gibson Les Paul 50s Satin Neck Lightweight

What's Hot
AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
Current new prices for Standard 50s Faded are North of £2k, which I cannot justify, I am looking for a used one that is lightweight, around 3.5kg/8lb ideally. Long shot, I know, but I am willing to wait for the right one.
Change of circumstances forces downgrade of the aim, now looking for a Gibson Les Paul Tribute, but still lightweight, ideally under 8lb, which may be more achievable, hopefully.

Change of circumstances allows me to look a bit further up the food chain. Les Paul-like also considered. Under 8lb is still the desired weight.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31437
    I have a Larry Corsa Gibson made (and logo'd) Peter Green- way below 8lbs with an incredible top.

But I'd want 2250 for it. 

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    Gassage said:
    I have a Larry Corsa Gibson made (and logo'd) Peter Green- way below 8lbs with an incredible top.

Thank you, but that is way beyond my budget.
  • ZappleZapple Frets: 95
    Pm'd
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3303
    Gassage said:

Pics.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    Deijavoo said:
    Gassage said:

Pics.
    Yes, please.  I'd also like to see it, even if I can't afford to buy.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4820
    edited April 2023
    Very long shot.

Peach have a Special at dead on 8lbs - all the 60s are over 9lbs.

They also have a Studio at 8lbs and three Tributes.  Under 8lbs and your choices are very limited.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    You are right, they do! I haven't looked at it 'cause it has P90s, and I am after humbuckers. And, knowing myself, I'd end up selling it to get the one I am really after, losing a few silvers in the process :)
    edited April 2023
    Coda Music have a Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Faded second hand for £1,399, if anyone is interested. I don't like slim necks.
  • Amigo said:
    Coda Music have a Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Faded second hand for £1,399, if anyone is interested. I don't like slim necks.
    Seems a good price 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

Amigo said:
    Seems a good price 
    It is, and if it didn't have the '60s slim neck, I would have paid for it already.
    Goal changed from Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s Faded to Gibson Les Paul Tribute due to change in circumstances.
    Casual reminder, on the off chance
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2989
    Probably not quite what you're looking for as it's an Epiphone but I'll mention it anyway!  I'm thinking of moving on my recent Epi LP Modern purchase. It's about 7lb8 and feels very nice with the asymmetric neck profile. I'm just not getting on with the rest of the LP ergonomics to be honest and I have Gibson sounds covered with my SG!
    Thanks for that, but the two reasons I was after a 50s Faded and am after a Tribute are a thick neck and a satin finish on the neck, which, to my understanding, an Epiphone Les Paul Modern has neither. I am sure it's lovely, but I wouldn't want to be in a position where I am not 100% convinced it is the right guitar, having been there many time and then counting losses. But good luck with the sale, if decide to go ahead with it.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2989
    No worries, you're right it has neither of those!
  • Hi, I might be looking to sell my 2016 50's tribute gold top. It comes in at around 8lb 1oz. It has chunky 50's neck and also has a satin neck finish. The previous owner replaced the 50's style kluson tuners with some more modern Gotoh's, which are great, but you can see where the previous screw holes have been filled (which could be covered up better by painting over the filler). I've dropped a couple of photos here, let me know in case you are interested.
    https://imgur.com/a/qu1w4PB

Still looking
    Not a bad potential deal for those so inclined:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204324310483
  • Calla85Calla85 Frets: 27
    Amigo said:
    Not a bad potential deal for those so inclined:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204324310483
    Headstock in picture 10 appears to be at an odd angle, unless it's just a trick of the camera 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom