SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Patrick James Eggle 96 Droptop HSS Strat - STUNNING

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
sale pending 

Very cautiously listing this (already questioning myself). This is one of three PJE electrics I have, and they really represent the perfect trio, but I have put all my eggs in one basket with these three guitars and sometimes I get the urge to just throw something around in reckless abandonment and my PJEs don't quite fit that bill! As such, I have a number of guitars that I fancy, and am willing to take one or more guitars in a trade towards this.

So first up, here's what I'd be interested in:
1) something Stratty (still need to have something single coil somewhere) but doesn't have to be Fender (Warmoth, Blade, whatever)
2) Explorer - preferably Gibson, but again, doesn't have to be
3) Firebird (reverse, any pickup configuration) - again, Gibson preferred, but others considered
4) PRS, probably an older CE, any colour/finish considered

Now onto the star of the show...

Patrick James Eggle 96 droptop – Made in Oswestry, UK circa 2017 - £2450 now £2350

This is a very versatile example of the 96 with the HSS pickup layout, it's also particularly gorgeous with its droptop figured maple top. 
It also represents pretty much the top of the range for this model - having just run it through the website the current price for ordering a model of this spec would be £4500.

Here's the spec:

• BODY – 1 piece swamp ash back with a black grained open pore finish and a highly figured maple top
  • NECK – roasted figured maple with a soft V profile, Santos Rosewood fretboard with a 12" radius fretboard and Jescar 55090 medium frets
  • HEADSTOCK – standard headstock with straight string pull and Gotoh PJE branded locking tuners
  • HARDWARE / ELECTRONICS – MOJO SSH hand wound pickups, with a 5 way selector switch, volume and tone controls (push/push coil split on the tone control for the bridge humbucker)
  • BRIDGE – ABM knife edge trem with KTS titanium saddles This is an amazing playing guitar with my favourite of all the PJE neck profiles.

The guitar is set up with a low (ish) action and great tuning and intonation. It was also returned to PJE a few weeks ago for a new nut as I found the original a tad low.

It comes with:

Original fitted G&G tweed case
Owners card and spec sheet
Allen keys

The guitar is in superb condition with virtually no marks or wear. The high gloss nitro finish to the top will have a few swirly marks when the light catches it, but no dings or scrapes. There is a very tiny little ding on the headstock, but that's really the only mark. The guitar is nicely set up but of course may need a tweak to your own preferences.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1574
    What a stunning looking instrument. If it's half as good as the green Macon or ash '96 I have, then it will play/sound just as good as it looks.
    Excuse me whilst I check the sofa for spare change!

Adam
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    People often say stunning and the guitar in question just doesn’t do it for me, but wow, that is some peach of a guitar! I absolutely love it. Needless to say I don’t have that sort of money. Best guitar I’ve seen in ages. Best of luck selling.
  • PM'd
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    lovely
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 192
    I agree totally @axisus - absolutely gorgeous guitar Matt 
    You must have some good’uns to let this peach go
    GLWTS
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
    Thanks for the comments. 

Sevenof9 said:
    You must have some good’uns to let this peach go
    This one of three high end guitars I have and it's as good as anything I've ever owned or played but as mentioned, I have a hankering to downgrade for a few other bits.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2321
    That's rather nice
    Thank you Fishboy7
    Reduced to £2350