Guitar Build, Warmoth or other?

What's Hot
Hey folks, 

Looking at putting together a guitar. I know the spec I want. Something in the style of an N4 but more traditional Strat size. Got a quote from Guitar Build. Looks pretty decent but have no experience in them, any other custom brand or even build one from parts. Any suggestions? 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    edited April 2023
    Guitar Build bodies are excellent - I've used a few in my builds. Not tried their necks but I've heard anecdotally they are good.

Warmoth - nice, but pricey. I've used their stuff to build a few guitars and the fit and finish is excellent. Just... not as cheap as you think from first sight on the website. Both the guitars I put together for folks at Line6 were great, but the standard fit frets wore out *very* quick for both owners... both now fitted with stainless frets, ironically.

You could speak to Feline to see what they could build you... again, not cheap but the reviews are excellent (not had any first hand).

BTW - Hi Ross!!

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2778
    edited April 2023
    I’ve had fender style bodies from both and happy with them all. Guitar Build probably more “accurate” to Fender dimensions, Warmoth change quite a few things that they consider an improvement and not bothered with vintage correct replicas. Warmoth necks have been very good quality although I prefer a thicker shape than their standard now and they charge more for different profiles. Warmoth gets expensive quickly and the customs charges add a lot more. 

My last build was a 3 piece strat body from Guitarbuild and an Allparts neck, I’d be very happy doing that again if I needed to
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom