SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vintage 1966 Gibson SG/Melody Maker, Custom Colour Sparkling Burgundy. PRICE DROP £1750!

jumping@shadowsjumping@shadows Frets: 1279
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
Hi all, here’s an incredibly cool player grade mid ‘60s custom colour Gibson SG, heavily played, well worn and stage ready!

This features its’ original Sparkling Burgundy finish, with plenty of checking, knicks, dings, and oxidisation where your forearm lays, a beautiful dark chocolate Brazilian Rosewood fretboard and ‘60s Bigsby B5 tremolo.

These originally came with thin/weedy single coil pickups which never did this model much justice, so I fitted full sized humbuckers with a custom wide bevel guard.

The pickups are a ‘70s Shaw PAT stamp PAF in the neck, and a Wizz PAF in the bridge, and it sounds exactly as a ‘60s SG should- punchy, articulate and powerful, and stands up just fine against the many early ‘60s stock SG’s I’ve had.

I bought this as a husk which has been damaged in shipping with some already glued cracks around the control cavity, and the neck needing to be reset, but it was simple clamp up and glue job using hide glue, and it’s completely rock solid, albeit wearing its’ scars.

With prices of vintage SG’s through the roof, this would be a great way to get into a legit ‘60s original custom finish Gibson, at less than half of a Custom reissue!

Here’s a slightly out of tune, off the cuff demo when it was dressed up with an ebony block vibrola:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cqqy6AEgci8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I‘m looking for £2250, shipped anywhere it needs to get to, and am happy to take any more pics as needed so just ask.

Thanks for looking! J@S

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    Oh dang, look at that! <3 GLWTS!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7353
    Simply
    Gorgeous 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Bumping this up, and open to offers as I’m chasing a unicorn! 
  • Price dropping this to £1750 shipped :-) Come get some genuine ‘60s custom colour, Braz board Gibson goodness for entry level reissue money!