SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Recommended Couriers

HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
There are often threads on here about people with guitars for sale (and people wanting to buy them) but a reluctance to ship stops a deal happening.

I thought it might be helpful to have a thread where people can give details of reliable couriers they have used. It would save people having a leap in the dark on such things and paying fees through the likes of Shiply. I'm not talking about the major players - this is more the reliable 'man with a van' type.

I'll start the ball rolling having recently had a guitar delivered to me impeccably in Harrogate from Swindon. The courier's name is Dale and his number is 07774 710494. Apparently he does a north to south run at least once a week. He charged me £60 but that included the fees of Shiply where I found him. Great service - great communications and really looked after the guitar.
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 456
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Missed that - mods, feel free to close.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 456
    Might be worth sticking your post on that thread though - deffo!
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    Really great to know about Dale, I'm gonna make a note of his number as independent traders are a great option.  I had an acoustic sent to me from Surrey a few years ago and the guy was massively paranoid about shipping so he paid a man with a van to bring it to me.....door to door job.  It was worry/hassle free and worked really well.  Mind you, I paid him £50 for the shipping but I think it cost him over £200 in the end.  So Dale sounds like a great option!!  :)