SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTT Gibson Murphy Lab ES-335 ULA '59 Reissue Natural TRADE PENDING

What's Hot
Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 338
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
The past few years I was on a quest to find the perfect ES-335. This (2022) '59 I'm putting up for trade is number ten I think, and the closest I managed to get to perfection. There's lots to go wrong with a 335 but when it's right, it's almost unbeatable. This one has a spot on neck angle, wonderful acoustic resonance, a perfect Goldilocks '59 rounded mid to slim C shaped neck, is under 8lb's, has a correctly drilled ABR1, a dark fretboard with no tooling marks and beautiful wood grain. The Murphy Lacquer is quite different to what's on a normal Reissue and feels hard and smooth under the touch (no stickiness). The only ageing here is lacquer checking so no dents or dings. The ML guitars also feature specially rolled boards which you don't get on a VOS.

So why the trade? I bought an ES-359 at the same time and have come to prefer the smaller body size. It doesn't look as cool, but it's more practical for me I think. 

The 335 is as close to mint as you can get and comes with all COA's, case candy and the nice reissue Lifton case. 

I'm looking for a trade only, and putting the trade value around £4500 as these are just under 6 grand in the shops usually. Something nice from PRS, Collings or something else interesting perhaps... Try me! Located in Shropshire and happy to drive an hour in any direction to meet.

TRADE NOW PENDING

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 338
    Anyone fancy a stunning 335? For a nice PRS wood library maybe?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2271
    Not a wood library but I do have a 594 Artist Pack that I'm looking to trade.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    andy1839 said:

Jesus Murphy, would you look at that! What value do you put on that roughly?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2271
    bobacco said:
    andy1839 said:

Jesus Murphy, would you look at that! What value do you put on that roughly?
    Precisely £one Murphy lab 335...
     ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 338
    @andy1839 will shoot you a pm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom