SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Peavey HP2 - NOS

RichardrichardRichardrichard Frets: 353
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
Listing up my Peavey HP2 for sale - this is one of the Czech NOS run made with Wolfgang era woods shipped to the Czech republic. The original USA made line of these didn't get great write ups - they clearly didn't have the capability any more having shut down their Leakesville facility many years ago and so outsourced production to a maker in Czech Republic and shipped their NOS bits and pieces over.

This one is in the Ocean Burst finish and looks great, along with the birds eye maple neck.

Spec wise it is very similar to a Wolfgang, in fact the only difference really is the trem routing such that the trem is floating on these. This one has had the Floyd upgraded to an OFR 1984, which is of course tremendous.

Fabulous condition - one tiny surface dint on the upper edge of the body, and a couple of marks under the Floyd saddle locking screws where presumably someone has tried to change strings without fixing the trem / providing some cushioning

25.5" scale
15" radius
Wolfgang neck profile (the same as my USA Peavey Wolfgang's)
Raw/oiled maple neck, 10 degree tilt back headstock, graphite reinforced
Schaller tuners
Custom wound pickups for this model - as far as I can tell identical to the Wolfgang spec
Carved maple top in ocean burst
Original German Floyd Rose 1984
Push/pull coil tap
NOS certificate
Tweed/leather case

This is very much of the same quality as early USA Peavey Wolfgangs - if I didn't already own Wolfgang models this would be a keeper, it just doesn't add anything different.

£1550

Great video review here

and some pictures

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments