SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Patrick James Eggle 96 Reverse - HH Strat - NAMM model

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
edited June 2023 in Guitars £

My continuing disillusionment with guitar is leading me to offering another of my PJE electrics - I've had these kind of weird meltdowns before and I'm sure I'll bounce back...

SOLD - Patrick James Eggle 96 Reverse - 2018 NAMM - £2100, now £2000

Trades? Possibly...

• Firebird or Explorer of some kind?
  • Charvel MIJ SoCal / San Dimas
  • Carvin

Background

This is a rather special example of Patrick wonderful take on the Strat, the 96, as this was the model he made for the 2018 NAMM exhibition. In fact, you can view the guitar on the Peach Guitars interview with Patrick by searching ‘Patrick James Eggle at NAMM 2018’  – it appears about 3m30s into the video.

I bought this guitar direct from Peach a few months later.

About the guitar...

As already mentioned this is a 2018 guitar – well it would have been made in 2017 but specifically for release at the 2018 NAMM event. It’s a 96 which features many of Patricks modern design twists on the well known s-type classic. The spec for this particular model is as follows:

BODY – 1 piece swamp ash with a black grained open pore finish

NECK – roasted figured maple with a shallow C profile, ebony fretboard with a compound radius (12-16) and Jescar 57110 jumbo frets

HEADSTOCK – reverse headstock with straight string pull and Gotoh PJE branded locking tuners

HARDWARE / ELECTRONICS – pair of MOJO hand wound humbuckers, with a 3 way selector switch, volume and tone controls (push/pull coil split on the tone)

BRIDGE – ABM 5200 knife edge trem with KTS titanium saddles

This is a wonderful guitar with a superb range of tones – the humbuckers split extremely well and take you into single coil territory whilst also excelling as full humbuckers offering some quite classic sounds (with judicious use of the volume and tone controls) through to some real rocking / high gain voices. The superbly sculpted body contours make this the most comfortable Strat type I've every played!

It’s plays flawlessly and although Patrick describes it as a shallow C neck, don’t let that fool you – there’s a bit of meat to it and it’s not what Jackson/Ibanez players would describe as shallow. It’s more of a flattened version of a full C.

The guitar is set up with a low (ish) action and great tuning and intonation.

It comes with:

Original fitted G&G tweed case

Owners card and spec sheet

Allen keys

Original ABM saddles

The original strap buttons will be re-fitted prior to sale

Condition

The guitar is in superb condition – although I’ve played it regularly in the (nearly) 5 years that I’ve owned it, it has had an easy life of being well cared for. The only real evidence of use are a few tiny indentations on the lower frets (the usual spots) although these have recently been polished and the wear is barely visible, and also some burnishing to the body on the forearm contour when the matt/satin finish has polished through use to a slight sheen and also the patina on the copper scratchplate has matured through use - compare the pics and you can see the colouring has changed a little between them. There is no damage or any dings, marks to mention.

Lots of pictures here and just a few below to avoid clogging up the thread: 

https://imgur.com/a/cTVEqVn

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments