SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2012 Höfner New President - Sunburst - hand-built by Thomas Stuhlein and Dieter Fischer

What's Hot
danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2762
edited June 2023 in Guitars £

Höfner New President Archtop Jazz guitar from 2012, sunburst finish in good used condition

This guitar was handmade and signed in Germany by masterbuilder Thomas Stühlein and has the added bonus of having had the carved top signed by Dieter Fischer who headed up the Höfner workshop at the time. Comes with the original deluxe hard case and paperwork - the case used to have a hygrometer which is gone. 

It's a high-quality and highly regarded modern German Archtop with a solid carved European spruce top and flamed maple (anigree) laminate back and sides. 

Ebony, 9.5" radius fingerboard with 22 frets, a 645mm (25.4") scale and a nut width of 43.6mm (1 23/32 ") without inlays.
The 16" body has two F- holes an ebony bridge and tailpiece, a floating Höfner Diamond Gold neck pickup and a volume and tone control on the ebony pickguard. The bridge is beautifully hand-carved ebony.

The body and neck have black / white / black bindings and the traditional Höfner head has a lily and logo inlays and Schaller tuners. 
Nitro-cellulose finish with some checking and a few small dings throughout. It's well set up, has a beautiful and loud acoustic tone and plays brilliantly plugged in. The frets have been crowned and levelled at some point and there are filing marks where someone rounded off the fret edges but this is not noticeable whilst playing, only on close inspection, which is why the guitar is set as good condition and not excellent. 

These retailed for around $5500 when they were last available.

£1850 posted now sold, thank you!

Hofner-02 Hofner-03 Hofner-04 Hofner-05 Hofner-06 Hofner-07 Hofner-08 Hofner-09 Hofner-10 IMG-1763-2 IMG-1764-2 IMG-1765-2

Hofner-01

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeWjoeW Frets: 539
    That’s a lovely looking archtop - for the price of USA strat !!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2762
    Thanks Joe, indeed - it's quite a 'buy' on a guitar that should probably cost a bit more.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Stunning looking thing Fred, as usual!
    Call me Dave.
    Thanks, Dave :)
  • Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 140
    It's hard to overstate that these are truely world class, hand made instruments. Amazingly beautiful too - look at that black binding! They have a very unique tone especially unplugged and very loud. If I'm not wrong, they are quite special among archtops as the neck join is very high on the fretboard, so you get good access to higher frets. GLWTS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It's hard to overstate that these are truely world class, hand made instruments. Amazingly beautiful too - look at that black binding! They have a very unique tone especially unplugged and very loud. If I'm not wrong, they are quite special among archtops as the neck join is very high on the fretboard, so you get good access to higher frets. GLWTS!
    Indeed, it's joined at 16th fret like Les Pauls. It's diaganally braced like old Strombergs and really packs a punch
    Thanks for messages. I am open to trades but preferably for a small OM size acoustic or another Archtop that I’ve not tried before.
    Nudge
    Up
    Up
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6438
    A beaut !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Thank you 3)
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Thats my old guitar that is I just crossed references the grain, it used to belong to the guitar player from the temperence movement.
    That is a great archtop. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nudge
    Now sold, thanks all :)