Oh Dear Royal Blood

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8573
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12360
    Well they took the booking... clearly not the crowd for their new, rather metallic, direction.  Not that they have ever been that poppy.

Here's hoping he enjoys supporting Muse a bit more when I see them next month!!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • euaneuan Frets: 1635
    I wonder who shot his dog 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6417
    Case of know your audience really, Radio 1 Big Weekend - what did they expect ? Download/Monsters of Rock audience ? :/  

Classy/Professional thing to do would've been to bang out a belting set with a "Thangyouvermush" at the end, and walk off - then rip their manager/agent a new one for booking them there !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3387
    Their entire career is thanks to Radio 1 and BBC using their songs on Match of the day montages. Utterly embarrassing behaviour.  
  • euaneuan Frets: 1635
    Here’s the thing that I don’t get, they’ve actually done Live Lounge covers. They could actually do the Radio 1 if they wanted to but ego got in the way 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13039
    As seen on twitter:

"royal blood are like a pizza cutter. All edge and no point" 

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Pair of goons, they should go a bang on gig regardless of crowd, how are they going to gain new fans with that attitude? 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10006
    I've always found them to be quite cheesy and cringey especially the vocals. Good to know his personality reflects that as well
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1429
    I'm not surprised a casual festival audience waiting to see Lewis Capaldi didn't know who they were.
    Little Monster is the only thing I've heard from them and that's what...? 8 or 9 years old now...?

...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    Well they took the booking... clearly not the crowd for their new, rather metallic, direction.  Not that they have ever been that poppy.

Here's hoping he enjoys supporting Muse a bit more when I see them next month!!

Funnily enough I saw Muse do pretty much the same thing at a Big Weekend when they were a new band. 
    I was one of the few people in the audience who would have been up for seeing a rock band and I came away thinking they were a bit lame.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    A sycophantic record company exec will be telling them right now that any publicity is good publicity! 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    dindude said:
    A sycophantic record company exec will be telling them right now that any publicity is good publicity! 
    “You can’t sing, you can’t play, you look awful.  You’ll go all the way lads!”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    I saw them as a support band when they first came out and it was brilliant. Years later I saw them again and all I could think was wow this is up it's own arse, they've gone full on "you can't touch me I'm a rock star".
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3365
    munckee said:
    dindude said:
    “You can’t sing, you can’t play, you look awful.  You’ll go all the way lads!”
    I fancy a KitKat now ;-/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1249
    Rock band with a bit of attitude for a change.  I like it.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4169
    More of a noisy pop duo really. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5324
    Oh dear 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4066
    Knobheads
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    Incredibly misguided to think that they’d have crossover appeal with the other acts. That said though, just grin and bear it and get through. Not like it’s a charity gig, so probably got a fair chunk of change for doing it. 

Whilst the general indifference of the crowd wouldn’t have been all that pleasant, you have to think that any of the pop acts performing at say, Download, would have had it worse and considerably more piss-bottlely.