What naff product from the past would you like to bring back?

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 13888
    jellyroll said:
    Smoking in aeroplanes. What's not to love?
    Yeah!  And pubs 'n' restaurants while we're at it!

I'd save soooooo much money...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4626
    The Johnny Seven OMA (one man army).

Biggest and baddest fuck-off toy gun there was, grenades launcher, bullets, rocket launcher, the whole 9 yards, but the old woman would never buy me one because at £4, 19 shillings, and eleven pence, it was “Five pounds, all bar a penny”.

I remain mentally scarred by the lack of a Johnny Seven, a burden I’ve had to carry since childhood, having had to fight battles without one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Seven_OMA
    Darn I want one now , I loved my toy guns as a kid ,always had to have one 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    Weirdly, this popped up on my Facebook yesterday. I’m in an old codgers group and one guy is currently restoring…. a Johnny Seven! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Reference the Raleigh Chopper, my mate had one from new. I coveted it like crazy. Then he let me ride it. What a piece of crap. Unbelievably awkward, and so heavy. Coupled with the fact that he was always falling off it when going past a certain speed due to the tiny front wheel starting to wobble, and the desire to own one soon vanished.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16605
    I had a Johnny 7 and one of the Airfix FN rifles ( actually had about 3 of those) ....the plastic was very brittle and the slightest tap would cause the barrel to snap off........after a few years I got a Webley 1.77 Air pistol .That got taken away because I shot my younger brother with it and my mum spent the afternoon at the doctor having the slug dug out of his thigh !
     About a year later we had proper Bows and Arrows .......that didn't end very well ....a friend of mine came over to play "Custer"  aka Cowboys and Indians ......he ended up being taken to Highlands Hospital by my mother about an hour later with an arrow in the back of his calf !
    I'm pretty sure the Little Big Horn didn't end with " Crazy Horse " getting a hiding from his mother and the Bow confiscated by his Dad !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30114
    Dominic said:

I'm pretty sure the Little Big Horn didn't end with " Crazy Horse " getting a hiding from his mother and the Bow confiscated by his Dad !
    History is written by some bloke called Victor. I doubt he was even there. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1125
    Reference the Raleigh Chopper, my mate had one from new. I coveted it like crazy. Then he let me ride it. What a piece of crap. Unbelievably awkward, and so heavy. Coupled with the fact that he was always falling off it when going past a certain speed due to the tiny front wheel starting to wobble, and the desire to own one soon vanished.
    Yeah but he looked cool though, when he wasn’t falling off that is. 
    I went through a phase a few years ago of buying these again. Think I have three or four. 
    They were ace in the day, but still ace now. Defiantly get half hour of fun out of them. 
    Whoever created these did a great job. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gandalph said:
    This was a great game, you could score some absolute screamers if you got it right. 
    Bang the player on the head too hard though and he'd literally explode. 

I loved this. The thing is I liked is incredibly players were individual. Unintentional I know, but you had one that was great for blasting shots, one great for chipping it. I would know exactly which zone to put each player. The crap ones went at the back. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    edited June 2023
    Rob1742 said:
    I went through a phase a few years ago of buying these again. Think I have three or four. 
    They were ace in the day, but still ace now. Defiantly get half hour of fun out of them. 
    Whoever created these did a great job. 
    Wow, there's a memory! My grandma gave me the yellow one third from the right in the top image when I was a kid. Loved it!

I'm sure I must still have it somewhere, buried in a box of stuff.
    boogieman said:
    More sadistic than naff- Izal medicated toilet paper.
    Ideal for if you had visitors you wanted to discourage from returning. You just kept a roll of the normal stuff under a loose floor board for when you went in.

Maxwell house coffee is good for unwelcome guests too.  Just remembered that "mellow birds" stuff was even worse.

My dad always insisted on having Izal paper, so we ended up with two toilet roll holders in the bathroom. One so he could sandpaper his arse and the other with soft stuff, for normal people. 

Camp coffee was even worse than Maxwell House. My granny loved the stuff, but then she was weird and also had sterilised milk delivered by choice! 
    Being brought up in a family with Izal bog roll and Camp coffee, wow. One would be challenging, but both. Congratulations on making it through 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3237
    Rob1742 said:
    Gandalph said:
    This was a great game, you could score some absolute screamers if you got it right. 
    Bang the player on the head too hard though and he'd literally explode. 

I loved this. The thing is I liked is incredibly players were individual. Unintentional I know, but you had one that was great for blasting shots, one great for chipping it. I would know exactly which zone to put each player. The crap ones went at the back. 

Yes, exactly the same! I even had a midfield general type in blue. My red players were more defensive from memory, but there was one who had a rocket shot, mainly because his head was quite stiff to press down. 

He was either a match winner or completely useless. 

• horsehorse Frets: 1644
    Scratch n sniff