SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Tokai ST-60 1980 "Springy Sound" - Eastman SB-56 Gold Nitro(SOLD) - Yamaha Revstar RS820CR(SOLD)

CurtparrguitarCurtparrguitar Frets: 8
edited August 2023 in Guitars £

Tokai ST-60 1980 "Springy Sound" - £1100  £1000

I will probably regret selling this as I love Japanese guitars, this rarity being the epitome of craftsmanship and marketing cheek that the period has become known for. But, I have my ultimate strat in the form of a Tom Anderson and no longer wish to be a collector. 

I imported this one from Japan just under 2 years ago, It has the coveted "E Stamp" Pickups (available to see in the pictures), frets still have plenty of life. The Spaghetti Logo and '00' at the start of the serial on the neck plate mean this one is from 1980. It has a '60' stamped on the lowest part of the fretboard so that means it is an ST-60. 

Flaws:
-Has dings, but nothing awful, all the ones on the neck have been photographed and the majority of them on the body too.
-The bottom strap button was broken on arrival, I've kept it, but will need to be replaced if you plan to use a strap with it.
-The Low E tuning peg is slightly bent.

The legend of these is well deserved, closest thing most of us will come to playing or owning a pre CBS Strat. 

Eastman SB-56 Gold Nitro -SOLD

Amazingly well crafted and just feels like pure quality, also amazing that you can get a les paul that weighs 8 lbs. 

This guitar was built in 2018 and is in perfect condition, the previous owner has buffed the satin nitro on the front to a light gloss that you can see in the pictures. I think they did this so that eventually after many years of existence those nitro cracks will really come through and look amazing. 

I would keep this guitar, but I have to admit thicker necks just are not for me, really comfortable but leave my hand fatigued quicker than thinner necks. 

Yamaha Revstar RS820CR - SOLD

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/i9x9cBX

Well built and solid, I played these older models besides the newer ones in Yamaha Music Store and regardless of any improvements, these ones just felt better in my opinion. 

I got this recently intending to use it as a live guitar, nice stock pickups, with plenty of tonal options via the coil split, nice centre of gravity, the neck is lovely, has that classic japanese guitar neck profile almost identical to an Ibanez AS which I am very used to. The big however is that it is hefty, which is fine for some, but for me I have found something which is not as nice a guitar but a lot lighter meaning that, for me, the new acquisition is a lot more suited for live stuff, so I have to move this on. 

I am based in Nottingham and not too enthusiastic about posting, collection or arranging a meet up is much preferred. 

Happy to answer questions you may have. Not interested in trades (The only guitars I am looking at obsessively currently are a PJE Macon Special and a Nik Huber Surfmeister fixed bridge)

Cheers! 
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments