The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7391
    rlw said:
    Sad to say that i have got so bored with the whole F1 thing that I don't give a shit anymore.  
    I think that had been a record for the thread  - 2 pages without a protestation of boredom with F1.

Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Boromedic said:
    Well if Vettel has his way (which he might!) it'll be Massa all over again!! Although if that's the case all he has to do is look good and outpace Vettel occasionally, bide his time and then he'll be number one once Vettel gets bounced. 
    If vettel doesn't win this year's championship, on arguably the best car, he will be under huge pressure next year. If LeClerc then pushes him and beats him, it could be a lot of fun :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Garthy said:
    rlw said:
    Sad to say that i have got so bored with the whole F1 thing that I don't give a shit anymore.  Kimi and Ricciardo are the only two with any real personality and talent to thrill and they seem to be going backwards now.
    I'm the exact opposite. In 10-20 years time people will be talking about 2018 like they talk about 1986 now. Its a classic season in a new golden era.
    Agreed, it's been awesome I think personally, building to a nice finale as well!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Boromedic said:
    Well if Vettel has his way (which he might!) it'll be Massa all over again!! Although if that's the case all he has to do is look good and outpace Vettel occasionally, bide his time and then he'll be number one once Vettel gets bounced. 
    If vettel doesn't win this year's championship, on arguably the best car, he will be under huge pressure next year. If LeClerc then pushes him and beats him, it could be a lot of fun :)
    Agreed, here's hoping LeClerc can get to him!

• When he overtakes him next season do you think he'll be saying:

Ah ha, it is I, Le Clerc!! 

Lol sorry, couldn't resist......

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Good work, @Boromedic ; :)

• sinbaadi said:
    LeClerc isn't a risk, he's just green.  Nobody will expect him to beat Vettel any more than Kimi couldn't, but if you'd watched him in F2/GP2 whatever they call it now, you'd know why Ferrari are prepared to give him a chance.

This is what you want the big teams to do; not get some safe top 4 driver to be a dutiful number 2, but try to find the next Hamilton.  
    Daniil Kyvat was far less green than Leclerc with two seasons in the bag when he moved to Red Bull. They weren't afraid to pull him out when they felt MV was a better talent and that Kyvat might be a bit of a liability. 

• Garthy said:
    rlw said:
    Sad to say that i have got so bored with the whole F1 thing that I don't give a shit anymore.  Kimi and Ricciardo are the only two with any real personality and talent to thrill and they seem to be going backwards now.
    I'm the exact opposite. In 10-20 years time people will be talking about 2018 like they talk about 1986 now. Its a classic season in a new golden era.
    It's been more interesting but it's far from a golden era. The safety car has been as important as the silver and red ones this year...

• Nitefly said:
    Good work, @Boromedic ; :)

:)

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Garthy said:
    rlw said:
    I agree ... the Hamilton/Vettel duel is absorbing and there's action lower down the grid ... there's been some great racing.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Boromedic said:
    Maybe he needs to get 'in' the car .. ;-)

I agree with you .. I think Ferrari may bin him when his contract runs out and get Hamilton.

Garthy said:
    rlw said:
    It's been more interesting but it's far from a golden era. The safety car has been as important as the silver and red ones this year...
    In the same way the lack of car reliability affected the 'golden era' .... cars are faster and more reliable and safety has been improved. The safety car is just part of the modern era and creates excitement.

Driver market twist .. Mick Schumacher to Toro Rosso in 2019?

Ferrari could be looking at Schumacher to replace Vettel down the line if he matches his father for speed and race craft.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6986
    Evidently Toro Rosso have been shamed into action by McLaren and Ferrari promoting rookies and have decided against digging up the seasoned pairing of Kvyat and Buemi.
  • Speaking of Toro Rosso drivers, I saw Brendon Hartley earlier , souvenir shopping on Haji st in singapore. 

He’s really tall for a racing’s driver - definitely over 6’. I was quite surprised!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ColsCols Frets: 6986
    Speaking of Toro Rosso drivers, I saw Brendon Hartley earlier , souvenir shopping on Haji st in singapore. 

He’s really tall for a racing’s driver - definitely over 6’. I was quite surprised!
    On the other end of the scale you have the Alonso types.  I saw him in the pits in Silverstone  last year; his bio says he’s 5’7”, but I’m 5’8” and he looked like he’d barely come up to my chest.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cols said:
    Speaking of Toro Rosso drivers, I saw Brendon Hartley earlier , souvenir shopping on Haji st in singapore. 

On the other end of the scale you have the Alonso types.  I saw him in the pits in Silverstone  last year; his bio says he’s 5’7”, but I’m 5’8” and he looked like he’d barely come up to my chest.
    Yeah, that’s what I expected. People talk about Webber and Hulk but Hartley’s the same height and never gets a mention
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Cols said:

Yeah, that’s what I expected. People talk about Webber and Hulk but Hartley’s the same height and never gets a mention
    He looks smaller because he's further away down the grid...
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • More from Singapore...

Some dudes building a racetrack

Some guy watching the safety car & medical car get some practice in...

And our view for dinner... (between turns 9 and 10!)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sadly I don’t have tickets for the race - have to fly home, but will stream as much as I can from the airport!