The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    Mercedes were doing their own thing in testing, as usual. Not sandbagging, just not going for ultimate quick laps. The good news is Vettel and Leclerc both look quick, and Red Bull seem close behind

The major thing is Sauber/Alfa seemed to have built a great car but potentially hired a muppet in Giovanazzi... Also suggests Ferrari's engine probably wasn't turned up full in FP2.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Cols said:
    Mercedes are worryingly fast in FP2.  Were they sandbagging in Barcelona testing, or are Ferrari sandbagging today?
    I think both. Which makes it really difficult to work out if I've got my Fantasy F1 team right, dammit!
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    Nice article on Beeb website about the differing approaches that Mercedes and Ferrari are taking to the front wing 

Not looking great for McLaren so far :-( 
    Red ones are better. 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Qualifying part 1 has thrown up a few odd results but what's more interesting is how close they appear be be time wise.

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    And now qualifying  is over, I'm surprised at how big the gap is.

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    And that result pretty much sums up how the rest of the season will unfold. Quite glad I didn’t spend the money on a sky subscription now.....
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Don't think much of the bloke Sky have got in to replace Ted Kravitz.  Delivery more wooden than a timber merchant.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • ColsCols Frets: 6996
    PC_Dave said:
    And that result pretty much sums up how the rest of the season will unfold. Quite glad I didn’t spend the money on a sky subscription now.....
    I don’t know; Albert Park is always a bit of a funny one.  
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I think it's on Sky One tomorrow, as a one-off, but not sure I'll watch it, given that the rest of the season is closed.
    PC_Dave said:
    It's the first race of a season after technical regulation changes. If you stuck with the sport beyond one race per season you'd understand that. 
    Red ones are better. 
    My eldest got his Mum to drop him at mine at 0430 so we could watch the buildup live. she was *delighted* by this lol 
    Red ones are better. 
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    TimmyO said:
    PC_Dave said:
    It's the first race of a season after technical regulation changes. If you stuck with the sport beyond one race per season you'd understand that. 
    I’ve been watching F1 since I was 6...... that’s 30 years. I’m quite familiar with how it pans out, but thanks for the patronising comment.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Norris has done well for McLaren. Looks like he could become the new Hamilton.

Hamilton seems to be continuing where he left off. He's in a class of his own. Worryingly for Vettel it also seems Bottas has stepped up his game. I hope this season doesn't turn into a one horse race.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ColsCols Frets: 6996
    Hamilton’s always damned quick around Albert Park.  I wouldn’t write off the whole season just yet on the basis of this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    Hamilton says he's not defending his championship, he's fighting for it. Excellent. Hope Ricardo gets up near the front this season
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    edited March 2019
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47527705

Apologies if this has been posted already, it's by "The Secret Aerodynamicist"
    PC_Dave said:
    TimmyO said:
    PC_Dave said:
    I’ve been watching F1 since I was 6...... that’s 30 years. I’m quite familiar with how it pans out, but thanks for the patronising comment.
    You're welcome - I was shooting for a tone that matched your considered assessment of the world's most sophisticated sport 
    Red ones are better. 
    Cols said:
    Hamilton’s always damned quick around Albert Park.  I wouldn’t write off the whole season just yet on the basis of this.
    exactly. Look at last seasons early results versus the end result. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    TimmyO said:
    PC_Dave said:
    TimmyO said:
    PC_Dave said:
    You're welcome - I was shooting for a tone that matched your considered assessment of the world's most sophisticated sport 
    F1 is many things, but it's clearly not a sport.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    DesVegas said:
    Hamilton says he's not defending his championship, he's fighting for it.
    He always says that .... I think Hamilton's still the favourite again this year.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!