The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Eddie Jordan has said that he thinks Lando Norris will be Britain's next F1 world champion:

...so that means it will be George Russell then :lol:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    If Eddie Jordan said ‘Good morning’ to you, you’d have to look at your watch and the sky.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Hamilton to take 10-place grid penalty for a new combustion engine. Should keep him away from Max .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Some big gaps between teammates in FP1.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    True story: Squid Game was inspired by Helmut Marko's driver program 
    Red ones are better. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bit of rain in final practice spicing things up a bit! Hope it sticks around the rest of the weekend!
    Bit of rain in final practice spicing things up a bit! Hope it sticks around the rest of the weekend!

The forecast is for a dry qualifying and race.

• ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Rumours that Michael Andretti is in talks with Sauber to purchase a controlling stake.
  • Fretwired said:
    Bit of rain in final practice spicing things up a bit! Hope it sticks around the rest of the weekend!

=) 
    Fretwired said:

=) 

Must have been a Met Office forecast ... :-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Likelihood of Ham dnf from a puncture or dropping places if on starting inters?
  • Difficult call and I hope that in hindsight Lewis agrees with the team that a change to new inters was the way to go.  He was clearly slower than those that had changed and risked losing ground, possible even more than he lost in the end.  As was shown in Sochi sometimes the team have a better overview of whats happening.

Difficult call and I hope that in hindsight Lewis agrees with the team that a change to new inters was the way to go.  He was clearly slower than those that had changed and risked losing ground, possible even more than he lost in the end.  As was shown in Sochi sometimes the team have a better overview of whats happening.

The team left it too late - Hamilton should have pitted earlier. He could probably have made up one place - I don't think a podium would have been on.

Good to see Bottas smile after his win. Max was quiet. Perez was at the top of his game - a great duel with Hamilton. His stock will have gone up at Red Bull after that fightback.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28672
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    And Jamie Chadwick has won the 2nd W Series title, proving once again that it's a nice idea but a bit pointless because she the best in that field by miles, which we already knew back when they announced it in 2018...
    Entertaining race in the USA - Mercedes got their strategy wrong yet again. Verstappen has matured and won't be bullied into mistakes - track position is everything. It looks like Verstappen will win his first F1 championship.

I don’t think either team got anything wrong. Merc would’ve been right with 1 extra lap, or possibly if Mick had been a fraction quicker or slower to give Lewis the DRS on the last lap instead of Max. 

Good flat-out race and the championship is still wide open. The rest of the season should be great
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    I swapped my fantasy team from RB to Mercedes for this race as I thought the Mercs would do at least 2 & 3

ffs 

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

I don’t think either team got anything wrong. Merc would’ve been right with 1 extra lap, or possibly if Mick had been a fraction quicker or slower to give Lewis the DRS on the last lap instead of Max. 

Good flat-out race and the championship is still wide open. The rest of the season should be great

Rule 1: track position is everything. Red Bull have Mercedes run long and charge strategy covered. They saw it coming. Mercedes should have gone for the undercut but didn't. The Mercedes has difficulty following cars and overtaking unless there is a major performance advantage - Hamilton was stuck behind Yuki Tsunoda in the last race as was Bottas today - they couldn't overtake in the dirty air. It was fine when Mercedes had a performance advantage, but this year they don't. The strategy calls were wrong - they still may not have won the race but they seem to have forgotten that Hamilton is master of the defence. He kept a charging Verstappen at bay for a win.

Verstappen kept enough life in his tyres and managed to keep a decent gap to Hamilton. He has matured as a driver and is odds on favourite for the championship.

• Fretwired said:

Rule 1: track position is everything. Red Bull have Mercedes run long and charge strategy covered. They saw it coming. Mercedes should have gone for the undercut but didn't. The Mercedes has difficulty following cars and overtaking unless there is a major performance advantage - Hamilton was stuck behind Yuki Tsunoda in the last race as was Bottas today - they couldn't overtake in the dirty air. It was fine when Mercedes had a performance advantage, but this year they don't. The strategy calls were wrong - they still may not have won the race but they seem to have forgotten that Hamilton is master of the defence. He kept a charging Verstappen at bay for a win.

Verstappen kept enough life in his tyres and managed to keep a decent gap to Hamilton. He has matured as a driver and is odds on favourite for the championship.
    Exactly - you need track position if your car hates dirty air as much as the Merc does. What a great race.

Best,
    Sammy