Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    Planet F1 have found this old photo...

ha ha hahahahahahahaha!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28677
    edited November 2021
    Zhou in for Gio for 2022. No surprise. Swapping one moderately-backed moderately-fast driver for a very-heavily-backed, moderately-fast driver. I'm expecting 3 years of low-teens finishes, a couple of points finishes and then a move to something else. 

Gio is solid and very reliable. I think he'll do very well in WEC

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @fretmeister I've seen that on Reddit several times. I chose not to post here out a pure good taste! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    @fretmeister I've seen that on Reddit several times. I chose not to post here out a pure good taste! 
    First time I've seen it... and my taste is questionable!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited November 2021
    This isn’t the first time FIA have appeared reluctant to show their results of any investigation. I seem to recall a recent investigation as to why the Ferraris had suddenly become faster overnight.  As someone has already said, there was no investigation, but whether or not it was warranted by public opinion will no doubt continue for a while.

ha ha hahahahahahahaha!

Excellent work! 

• @fretmeister I've seen that on Reddit several times. I chose not to post here out a pure good taste! 
    First time I've seen it... and my taste is questionable!
    Of all the photos not to get blocked at work... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I can see Sticky using this as his wallpaper.

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201

ha ha hahahahahahahaha!
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!

Channeling his inner cretin, sorry Putin.....

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6514
    It's Poundland Hasselhoff!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7701

ha ha hahahahahahahaha!
    My poor eyes…

I hope they at least cleaned the skid marks off the car afterwards.
  • The forward-facing Max can has been released. Great snarky Reddit thread abound. 

Summary - it’s clear he braked way too late and didn’t make more than a token effort to stay on the track. WHATASURPRISE

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/qv6sxz/max_verstappens_onboard_camera_defending_lewis/
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    The forward-facing Max can has been released. Great snarky Reddit thread abound. 

Summary - it’s clear he braked way too late and didn’t make more than a token effort to stay on the track. WHATASURPRISE

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/qv6sxz/max_verstappens_onboard_camera_defending_lewis/

Max was a lucky boy .. that looks like a slam dunk 5-second penalty to me.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:
    The forward-facing Max can has been released. Great snarky Reddit thread abound. 

Max was a lucky boy .. that looks like a slam dunk 5-second penalty to me.
    Yeah. Solidly from the Rosberg school of not really bothering to make the corner
  • I just watched Anthony Davidson's analysis on Sky F1 YouTube channel. You don't even need to hear his comments, just watching the footage it's pretty clear (albeit to an uneducated, unexperienced driver) that Max didn't do everything possible. I'm not a Hamilton fan, but I want to see clean and professional racing. I'm glad Lewis passed Max to take the win.

On a different note, this video is great. I do feel that modern F1 footage doesn't give you enough feeling of the raw power of these cars. It always looks a bit too smooth and easy.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What I find odd is that Max must have suspected he was going to get overtaken at some point before the end of the race because Hamster was simply too fast for him, and he wouldn't have been able to defend much longer anyway.

• The forward-facing Max can has been released. Great snarky Reddit thread abound. 

Having said what I did in the previous post, watching this footage suggests Max was steering a lot and maybe wasn't braking enough. It's not clear cut. I feel he was a bit naughty, but racing needs that. If it was just about who's fasted then we'd know the winner. There needs to be some "extended elbows" to hold your line, make the other driver do the hard work. Which, by the way, Lewis did with some grace.
  • What I find odd is that Max must have suspected he was going to get overtaken at some point before the end of the race because Hamster was simply too fast for him, and he wouldn't have been able to defend much longer anyway.

A cynic might suggest he was quite happy to have an accident if it meant Lewis didn't beat him...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • What I find odd is that Max must have suspected he was going to get overtaken at some point before the end of the race because Hamster was simply too fast for him, and he wouldn't have been able to defend much longer anyway.

A cynic might suggest he was quite happy to have an accident if it meant Lewis didn't beat him...
    It's how I can see the championship battle playing out if Lewis looks like he will takeover the lead in the championship. I get the impression Max will take the Schumacher approach to guarantee a WDC in that event. The key will be for Lewis to out qualify Max from here on and lead for the whole race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom