The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Reading the long text of the decision today they’ve accepted that the footage was new, previously unavailable, and relevant. But apparently it's "not significant" because apparently the stewards had plenty of other info to make a decision, despite not having any real data on Max's steering inputs. So basically the FIA are infallible now and everything is going to be a shitshow. 

I wonder which driver will test it first this weekend? At least defending will be much easier - you just hug the inside and run the other guy into the gravel.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    marauder said:
    How much cash into Bottas back pocket is required to do the dirty on Verstappen?
    Bottas is much more likely to put lewis into the wall tbh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1421
    They have really fucked up here.  

Part of me hopes that drivers start running each other off the road, just to prove the absurdity of it.  It shouldn't make any difference if you're defending or attacking, just dive-bomb up the inside, and don't make any effort to make the corner.  For the driver on the inside, the skill now becomes judging it so that your opponent doesn't cut back inside.  You have to take them with you.

Totally agree that they have basically said that if Lewis had tried to stay on the road a bit harder and forced a collision, he would have been at fault (kind of by default).

On the other hand, for me (and I know it's f1 so hardly what it's all about, but how can this not affect lower categories with actual on track competition?) I am sad because close racing is enhanced by these rules.  

I love that moment when a driver gets close enough to make the driver in front go defensive, compromise their line, be slower through a corner, be set up for a pass.  If that stuff can't happen because of shit like this (which it can't), you might as well allow bump passes and weaving on the straights.

Also, and end of rant, but it was classic Max.  I don't like him much, he seems to have a sense of entitlement that rubs me up the wrong way, and on top of that he doesn't even seem to be enjoying himself.... Ever!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    sinbaadi said:
    They have really fucked up here.  

Yep.

A total lack of consistency.

Charles Leclerc has already said this will give him and other drivers a green light to do the same so if Norris thinks he'll attempt an overtake I think we can safely say Leclerc will do a Verstappen.

Norris can then say he's been 'Verstappened' .... ;-)

Max will have his elbows out this weekend.

On another note what's up with the Red Bull car rear wings ... flapping about all over the place .. they needed running repairs. That can't be legal .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:

On another note what's up with the Red Bull car rear wings ... flapping about all over the place .. they needed running repairs. That can't be legal .. :-)

Looks like a moveable aerodynamic device to me..!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Fretwired said:

Looks like a moveable aerodynamic device to me..!
    The sort of thing that means you have to start at the back?  ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6515
    ^ Is this Horner trying to provoke the stewards into more investigations of Mercedes' rear wing? He's not happy about the wear marks.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    edited November 2021
    Alonso up to his old tricks - deliberately impeding Norris on an out lap. Who remembers that quali when Alonso deliberately blocked the pit box for 10s so that his team mate (Hamilton) wouldn’t make the start/finish line before the flag? 
    Red ones are better. 
    Blimey - that’s an odd Q2 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Odd Q3 as well! 

Is it me, or did Max look quite unsettled in the DC interview?
  • Pretty convincing display from Lewis there! Think Verstappen will be more than satisfied with P2 after that. What the hell happened to Leclerc and Perez?!
    Max off to see the stewards tomorrow - did he speed under waved yellows?

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    edited November 2021
    Jeez... I don't know who this guy is but he's followed on Twitter by Zak Brown, Scarbs, Andrew Benson and more so I assume he's legit. 

"Hamilton wasn't running at the quali the fresh engine from Interlagos."

So RB are even more fucked at Jeddah then :O :O 

(Though I've heard on the legitimately-very-senior KSA government grapevine that Jeddah won't be ready on time and may get cancelled...)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    I actually he hope he didn't go past any yellows at full speed because I want a fair fight that he still loses. But if he did I hope they give him a proper penalty
    Fretwired said:
    That’ll be a shame if so - it went yellow-green-yellow-green inside 30secs 
    Red ones are better. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited November 2021
    Yellow flag on the left, green on the right and nothing on his steering wheel, so who knows how this one will pan out.

https://youtu.be/B0Gy4HbICgA

The green on the right looks like the pit lane light… still confusing though.
    simonk said:
    Yellow flag on the left, green on the right and nothing on his steering wheel, so who knows how this one will pan out.

https://youtu.be/B0Gy4HbICgA

The green on the right looks like the pit lane light… still confusing though.

It's Max ... nothing will happen .. :-)

I agree with @TimmyO .. it would be harsh if he got a penalty, plus we all want to see some hard racing between Max and Lewis. It's the only thing I agree with Horner about.

Jeez... I don't know who this guy is but he's followed on Twitter by Zak Brown, Scarbs, Andrew Benson and more so I assume he's legit. 

"Hamilton wasn't running at the quali the fresh engine from Interlagos."

So RB are even more fucked at Jeddah then :O :O 

(Though I've heard on the legitimately-very-senior KSA government grapevine that Jeddah won't be ready on time and may get cancelled...)

I suspect Mercedes won't want to use that engine in the race tomorrow. Saving it for the next race which is a circuit they can benefit from the extra power.

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6515
    Vettel has been stirring, saying that he slowed down, but then saw that the yellows ended because Max was coming. :)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    I actually he hope he didn't go past any yellows at full speed because I want a fair fight that he still loses. But if he did I hope they give him a proper penalty
    100% agreed. I'd love to see a great, fair fight right to the chequered flag. But rules is rules, and if they need to be applied then so be it.