The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Fretwired said:
    Max off to see the stewards tomorrow - did he speed under waved yellows?
    I actually he hope he didn't go past any yellows at full speed because I want a fair fight that he still loses. But if he did I hope they give him a proper penalty
    100% agreed. I'd love to see a great, fair fight right to the chequered flag. But rules is rules, and if they need to be applied then so be it.

I agree with this too, although I also feel compelled to say that it won't be a fair fight, because Max will push Lewis off the track or turn in on him or something...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    Lewis got penalised when the track lights were confusing around the pit lane being closed, Max should get the penalty applied if he was speeding through double waved yellows. It's not difficult really.

If he has done wrong and doesn't get penalised then the FIA is heading back to the days of Balestre and basically as far as I can tell, one rule for one and different rules for everyone else. It currently doesn't even appear to be well hidden, crazy.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Boromedic said:
    Lewis got penalised when the track lights were confusing around the pit lane being closed, Max should get the penalty applied if he was speeding through double waved yellows. It's not difficult really.

If he has done wrong and doesn't get penalised then the FIA is heading back to the days of Balestre and basically as far as I can tell, one rule for one and different rules for everyone else. It currently doesn't even appear to be well hidden, crazy.
    Yep. They've consistently said a double waved yellow means "Slow down and be prepared to stop". If you're flat to the line that is clearly in breach. This is a fundamental safety thing even if the flag was shown in error and even if the boards are still flashing green because the whole point is the driver doesn't know why the flag is there - the marshal may be able to see something the driver and team can't. 

I think Seb called it right - the FIA didn't put the yellow lightboards up because they wanted Max to get his lap in. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Is it Sunday yet?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 528
    tFB Trader
    Everything Ive read said he was summoned to see the stewards at 1pm local time Sunday. It's now 3pm in Qatar and no word of the result of the meeting?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Boromedic said:

If I remember correctly the stewards gave Hamilton a slap on the wrist as he convinced them he'd not seen the flags. Red Bull then appealed the decision and Hamilton was demoted three places on the grid.

It seems Bottas and Saintz are also under investigation. And Max did drive through double-waved yellows so I can't see how he'll avoid a penalty.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Probably means they’ve all been found guilty and the stewards are just mulling over the severity of the punishment.
    Here's what Sky Sports News' Craig Slater had to say about that and all the latest from Doha:

Verstappen, in his attempt to get pole, did bypass double yellow flags. But it all happened very quickly and I think the stewards will take this into account.

Also, when you look at the still image you can see that very close to the double waved yellows is a green light as well. By the letter of the law, yes this triggers a penalty, but in the heat of the moment if stewards accept that Gasly's car was off the racing line, maybe they'll be lenient to Verstappen.

The precedent for this kind of thing is a five-place grid penalty or maybe if they want to show leniency it would be a three-place penalty. Or that might be the sort of punishment for Bottas and Sainz.

edited November 2021
    Max gets 5 place grid penalty. Bottas gets three-place penalty so he's ahead of Max.

Wonder why Max copped a stiffer penalty?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    edited November 2021
    The right result. Max ignored double yellows so gets the bigger penalty - Bottas only went past a static yellow. Not sure they spoke to Sainz as he was apparently one of only 2 or 3 guys who lifted. 

And it means Gasly starts 2nd with Alonso 3rd. LOVE THAT. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2245
    So do you reckon Marko is on the phone to Gasly promising him the earth if he slots Lewis off the track at the start?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Brio said:
    So do you reckon Marko is on the phone to Gasly promising him the earth if he slots Lewis off the track at the start?
    :D 

I can't imagine RB have anything to offer that Gasly actually wants - he'd rather have another podium and a shot at a better seat for 2023.
  • With Max starting somewhere near the back of the top 10, he's going to have some seriously aggressive defenses to get through if he wants a podium. 
    The right result. Max ignored double yellows so gets the bigger penalty - Bottas only went past a static yellow. Not sure they spoke to Sainz as he was apparently one of only 2 or 3 guys who lifted. 

And it means Gasly starts 2nd with Alonso 3rd. LOVE THAT. 
    Abso-muthahumping-lutely!!

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Cols said:
    Wonder why Max copped a stiffer penalty?
    Bottas passed a single yellow, Max passed double yellow
    I bet Karen Horner's finger is hovering over the send button on his, Merc rear wing illegal email. 

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Brio said:
    I think for Gasly “the earth” would feel
    like fucking over Marko 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    With Max starting somewhere near the back of the top 10, he's going to have some seriously aggressive defenses to get through if he wants a podium. 
    Getting my popcorn ready for Max (and Daddy Max) complaints about how “you can’t defend like that” 
    Red ones are better. 
    Brio said:
    I suspect Gasly would tell Marko to fuck off to the far side of fuck, and when he gets there, fuck off some more.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom