The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    With Max starting somewhere near the back of the top 10, he's going to have some seriously aggressive defenses to get through if he wants a podium. 

Starting P7 on a new track can be a lottery - at least Max is on the clean side of the track so he should get past Bottas but all you need is someone overcooking their start to have a shunt or two. Marco will be on the phone to get Gassly to let Max through ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Karen Horner speaks ....

Red Bull principal, Christian Horner, speaking on Sky Sports and reacting to Verstappen's grid penalty: "We are really struggling to understand it - because it looks just a complete balls up. The FIA have effectively said play on.

"The circuit is safe, it's clear, Max was at the beginning, he was in the first sector so we had so much time to look at it and you know the dash, everything for him has indicated - otherwise we would have informed him but unfortunately there is a yellow flag and he just did not see it.

"He saw the white one, he saw the car and saw a green light on the right hand side. I think it is a rogue marshal that has stuck a flag out and he has not been instructed to by the FIA and they have got to have control over their marshals, it is as simple as that, because that's a crucial blow in this world championship for us - now we start P7 at a track we can't overtake at and that is massive.

"We won't appeal - it will be a waste of time."

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Karen Horner speaks ....

Red Bull principal, Christian Horner, speaking on Sky Sports and reacting to Verstappen's grid penalty: "We are really struggling to understand it - because it looks just a complete balls up. The FIA have effectively said play on.

"The circuit is safe, it's clear, Max was at the beginning, he was in the first sector so we had so much time to look at it and you know the dash, everything for him has indicated - otherwise we would have informed him but unfortunately there is a yellow flag and he just did not see it.

"He saw the white one, he saw the car and saw a green light on the right hand side. I think it is a rogue marshal that has stuck a flag out and he has not been instructed to by the FIA and they have got to have control over their marshals, it is as simple as that, because that's a crucial blow in this world championship for us - now we start P7 at a track we can't overtake at and that is massive.

"We won't appeal - it will be a waste of time."

Surely they should have trust in their marshals because they're the ones putting themselves in danger and actually the guys right in front of any incidents. 

In other news...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Marko seen having discussions with Pierre Gasly and Franz Tost .. no guesses what it was about ... the man has no shame .. :-)

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6515
    Make Bottas go long, and catch Verstappen's 2-stop strategy?
  • goldtop said:
    Make Bottas go long, and catch Verstappen's 2-stop strategy?
    Hah, nope!!!  =)
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Tyres failing all over the shop… tense stuff
  • There's no such thing as a marginal 1-stop race. It's always a terrible idea...
    Horner summoned to the steward's room for breaching sporting regs - I guess they are unhappy with his comments   . :-)

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6223
    I can’t believe when asked about his penalty just now, Max said “it’s no surprise, I knew last night. I never get any presents from them”

My mind is blown!!!!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6223
    And the look on Karen Spice’s face going in to the stewards…..

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Im all for good sporting racing.  I don't mind the engineers pushing the envelope of the regulations to gain a bit of an advantage, but at some point the sheer arrogance and attitude that comes from Horner and Max just has to be slapped down.  

Here's hoping for a Lewis win next time so we have a battle to the wire this season.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ted says Marko's potentially in hot water as well, based on comments to Sky Spain . That should be even more enjoyable... 
  • formal warning - basically a slap on the wrist 

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    A week ago Max said they Mercedes behaviour was “showing their true nature” - it seems a dangerous aspect to argue in light of RB’s tone over the last few weeks -  wonder what he thinks now. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1185
    But then again there really isn't much consistency to anything Max does or says... so who cares really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Toto Wolff told Sky that "We'll get our spicy equipment out for Saudi Arabia!" Horner will now be sending emails complaining about the Mercedes rear wing after Wolff confirmed that Hamilton was using an old engine today and that next week his Brazil engine will be used for the race ... :-)

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    edited November 2021
    I know Karen's outbursts are entertaining and all, but he's just generally embarrassing. He has zero class whatsoever and Red Bull are just desperately trying to drag the whole sport into the gutter. They also have zero class as a team, Wolff's interviews were done with some slight barbs but still with a touch of grace. Horner's were just poor full stop. 

The embarrassment also of him stating in his reprimand that the stress of the competition made him say something out of line, a day after accusing Wolff of the very same. What a dick he is.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1421
    It's desperation to win the title during this era of f1.  I get it, but at what cost?

Red Bull as a brand has never looked so pathetic, unprofessional and miserable.  I wouldn't mind the stamping about over rules if it wasn't so clearly, and tragically, biased.

Horner has gone from being a decent guy in my estimation, obviously excellent at his job, to it being cringe cringe cringe every time he speaks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    ^ I dunno, I always found him to be a bell end even when RB was dominating the title race with Seb. Clearly he is good at his job, but he does it in a way I don't like, kinda Don Revie Vs Clough innit :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...