The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Oh no, that's tragic news. As a child of the late 80s and 90s, seeing the likes of Prost, Mansell, Senna (briefly) and Hill winning races in Williams cars are some of my fondest early memories as an F1 fan.  :'(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    Sad, sad news, RIP Sir Frank.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• This is a lovely story - of all the tributes I've read, this one is my favourite:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1490
    This is a lovely story - of all the tributes I've read, this one is my favourite:

Great find, a touching story.
  • I just want this weekend to be over. What a savage track. Those blind bends are absolutely scary.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4713
    Hoping there's places to overtake
  • DesVegas said:
    ive been watching the practice and there might be a chance into turn 1 but otherwise its just a fast and twisty scary ride.  I suspect the drivers who can put in a good lap will love it but its looks brutal and will be exhausting to drive.

• DesVegas said:
    ive been watching the practice and there might be a chance into turn 1 but otherwise its just a fast and twisty scary ride.  I suspect the drivers who can put in a good lap will love it but its looks brutal and will be exhausting to drive.

It's going to be a very tense couple of hours on Sunday I expect. Even if someone spins and doesn't hit anything, there's not a lot of room for everyone else to get around them.

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Apparently Lewis has been called to the Stewards at 4pm UK time for ignoring double waved yellow flags…

• Apparently Lewis has been called to the Stewards at 4pm UK time for ignoring double waved yellow flags…
    Ah fek. That's a cut-and-dried penalty if he went past any flat out (as it should be!)

I like the circuit from a single-lap banzai high-speed among the walls perspective but it'll be a miracle if they get through equality and race without any major incidents.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • The team was culpable for the Mazepin incident in the high speed section, no way Hamilton could have seen that in his mirrors.

The Gasly incident into T1 is a different story though. Can't see him avoiding a grid penalty on that one.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    No penalty. Game on!
  • Wow, that was great drama!! Didn't see Merc pulling that off. 

Possible gearbox damage for Max?!
  • I thought someone would bin it in Q3 but I honestly didn’t think it’d be Max. He was massively up - didn’t need to be pushing on that last corner. But I guess he was that far up because he was right on that 100% point with no margin 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    simonk said:
    No penalty. Game on!

I think Red Bull will appeal the stewards' decision and push for a penalty.

Max has balls of steel and went for it ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I thought someone would bin it in Q3 but I honestly didn’t think it’d be Max. He was massively up - didn’t need to be pushing on that last corner. But I guess he was that far up because he was right on that 100% point with no margin 
    I was amazed he was actually up after the first sector, I was sure he must have had to back off when he seemed to brush/almost brush the wall early doors. 

Both he and Lewis properly on the raggedy edge. Kudos to Bottas too, didn't see him getting so high up but credit where it's due.
  • Yeah, felt like a Colin McRae “win or bust” sort of lap. Absolutely blinding until it goes wrong. I’m split on whether I’d like a gearbox penalty. I do want Lewis to win but I don’t want Max fans having any ammunition to say it wasn’t a fair fight
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited December 2021
    What a surprise .. Marko confirms Red Bull will appeal Hamilton verdicts. To be honest they have a point ..

Update:

Looks like Red Bull ignored Marko and didn't bother to lodge an appeal .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6224
    Fretwired said:
    What a surprise .. Marko confirms Red Bull will appeal Hamilton verdicts. To be honest they have a point ..

Update:

Looks like Red Bull ignored Marko and didn't bother to lodge an appeal .. :-)
    Karen Spice’s take was a bit more realistic. He said there wasn’t much point referring the same incident, with the same evidence to the same people. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Max’s dash told him he was over 0.2 up with one corner to go - he didn’t need to push so hard he locked nor try to recover that time by getting on the gas even earlier than normal. He undid himself and let Merc off the hook. 

The Red Bull looked so dialled in - if he doesn’t need to take a penalty for new parts he may still do
    it 
    Red ones are better.