The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• I hadn’t looked into Qiddiya, what an….ambitious… moto-tainment concept. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NickL said:
    From the onboard it looks more like an arcade game than a proper circuit. The night race makes it even more featureless (and perhaps like in Qatar hides that there are hardly any spectators except in one stand opposite the pits). Surprised there wasn't a massive pile-up in Q1 with the blind corners and speed differentials.

Let's hope the pandemic is over soon so they can go back to Suzuka, Montreal and Melbourne instead of this nonsense.
    Well Jeddah is only on the calendar for a couple of years while they build Qiddiya, outisde Riyadh. That looks completely batshit: 

Will there be a traffic light or roundabout system in junction of 2 and 12?
    Nah you've just gotta use good timing, innit!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6224
    NickL said:
    ………………

Let's hope the pandemic is over soon so they can go back to Suzuka, Montreal and Melbourne instead of this nonsense.
    These ones are far more lucrative…… :(
  • NickL said:
    From the onboard it looks more like an arcade game than a proper circuit. The night race makes it even more featureless (and perhaps like in Qatar hides that there are hardly any spectators except in one stand opposite the pits). Surprised there wasn't a massive pile-up in Q1 with the blind corners and speed differentials.

Well Jeddah is only on the calendar for a couple of years while they build Qiddiya, outisde Riyadh. That looks completely batshit: 

Will there be a traffic light or roundabout system in junction of 2 and 12?
    Nah you've just gotta use good timing, innit!
    I'm assuming a jump like in Mario Kart... :D 

My team actually did some feasibility work on the overall Qiddiya city project. It's super-ambitious but should have the money behind it to make it happen. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    Boromedic said:
    Ditto to Lewis taking it over the knobend that is Verstappen, everyone is raving about MVs lap and how great it was till he binned it. That's the equivalent of raving about an overhead kick that went over the bar or a mazy run taking on 9 players and then blazing it wide in football. It's a shit lap cos he smashed it into the wall, end of.

LH took 0.5 secs off his best time in a much less stable car and took pole under more pressure, that is more impressive than a lap that wasn't even completed. I hope Max puts it in the wall chasing Lewis, couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. (PS: uninjured of course, I'm not that mean)

You’re only saying that cos you’re bottom of the FB Fantasy F1 league.
    Hahaha, I thought I'd make you all look good ;)

Tbh, I've not logged in since Spa I think, Max is still a knobend.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Has Max got a faster car than Hamster, though? That's the big question for me. If so, things could change. Safety car is gonna be busy, methinks.

It'll be an action-packed race on a track that has to be the most boring I've ever seen. Concrete and fencing, that's all it is.

Red Bull's pace on the long runs on Friday was not good.  They excelled at getting the tyres working for a quali lap though.  Unless he jumps both Mercs at the first corner it's going to be a long afernoon for him.

Max looked on the verge of putting it in the wall from the beginning of that lap all the way through.  Thrilling to watch, but didn't work for him in the end.
  • Massive crash at the start Iain today’s  F2 race - Pourchaire stalled and Fittipaldi hit him from about 4 rows back. Both apparently ok but I assume it’ll be a while before Fittipaldi is back on his feet. Absolutely horrible and I really hope we don’t see another one in the F1. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    Well tsunodas on the 4th row… there’s 7 cars infront he can take out in the first corner :)
  • Bollocks, that's played right into Red Bull's hands :(
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Have Mercedes cocked up? Masi red-flagged the crash in practice at the same corner. 

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Well that's potentially killed the championship. Well done to the FIA...
  • Unbelievable. What a way to ruin a championship 
  • Fretwired said:
    Have Mercedes cocked up? Masi red-flagged the crash in practice at the same corner. 
    Looks like it. The only thing you could say is that the session was stopped immediately when Charles Leclerc crashed there, but this time there was a delay... Lewis is going to be properly fired up for another monster drive after this though!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884

Bloody hell, I hope Max's gearbox blows up now.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    And they haven’t even worked on the barriers
    Well that's potentially killed the championship. Well done to the FIA...
    I'm sorry but safety comes first. Masi did exactly the same when Saintz crashed at the same place during practice. Mercedes should have taken this into account when making their decision. The rules need changing - this would be the second race Hamilton has lost to a red flag.

simonk said:
    And they haven’t even worked on the barriers

They have - there are now trucks on the track and a crane.

• Looks like a Schumacher has decided the championship with a crash again…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    This track is farcical
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Getting spicy