The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    This track is a joke ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was just writing “Well you know what I’m going to say about that Max defence… not as bad as Brazil but…” 

But now… 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Man Max is just mental , dangerous mental 
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    Cheating fuck
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 145
    hes such a cunt

toto is gonna beat the shit out Verstappen after this

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6516
    Shades of Michael Schumacher at his worst.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Re: the brake test incident...
    Max want driving very nicely but why didn't Lewis just pass him? You shouldn't need to be told to overtake, just do it.

I thought Max letting him past just at the DRS line was clever. No idea what's going on after that, I couldn't keep up.

This is good to watch, especially for a neutral.
    No point passing, Verstappen would have DRS for next zone

• Well done Bottas…!! 

If telemetry suggests Max brake checked Hamilton I hope they DQ him, but do I hope that isn’t the case.  

I don’t think I’ve been this stressed watching F1 since Brazil 2008!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Not as stressed as 2007, I had cash at stake that day.  made it unwatchable.
    Re: the brake test incident...
    Max want driving very nicely but why didn't Lewis just pass him? You shouldn't need to be told to overtake, just do it.

Mercedes hadn't had a chance to tell Hamilton that Max was going to let him past .. Verstappen moved and accelerated. I think he could be in trouble.

• Well done Bottas…!! 

If telemetry suggests Max brake checked Hamilton I hope they DQ him, but do I hope that isn’t the case.  

I don’t think I’ve been this stressed watching F1 since Brazil 2008!
    That's exactly how I feel. I definitely think that the FIA were missing Charlie Whiting today.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Masi needs to be sacked, he cant handle it.  lucked into job
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8828
    tFB Trader
    I stopped listening after Max jumped Ocon and Hamilton in the 143rd restart (I was doing a taxi run so the radio was on). Didn’t get the chance to hear the rest. But Lewis won? Holy shit.

I guess max will go 110% kamikaze in the final race to secure the championship. He’s a bit mental.. no?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Prediction.  Verstappen disqualified from championship for trying more shit on next week.
    Max is an arsehole .. not celebrating on the podium. Walks off ..

• Fretwired said:
    Re: the brake test incident...

Mercedes hadn't had a chance to tell Hamilton that Max was going to let him past .. Verstappen moved and accelerated. I think he could be in trouble.

I disagree with your view. As far as Lewis is concerned at the time when it happened - the two of them are racing. You don't wait to be told that you're being allowed through. He hesitated. Sure, Max did some weird stuff just before and after the shunt but I think Lewis could have been through clean by that point. It's weird.

The only thing I don't know is if there's a reason why Lewis didn't just overtake. It looked easy enough. I mean, they dive past other drivers where there doesn't seem to be gaps.

Don't get me wrong, Max hadn't covered himself in glory, but I think Lewis is at least partly to blame. I would think it harsh to only penalise one of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, I'm guessing Lewis will say he thought there was a yellow flag or VSC that Max had seen and he didn't want to overtake in those circumstances, having not been informed max would let him by. In any other race that might be a bit daft but in this one maybe not (I don't know!) 

It'll come down to whether Max braked suddenly more firmly part-way through that manoeuvre, as he didn't move completely to the side as you might expect to make it 100% clear he was letting Lewis past. 

I don't think the stewards will do anything unless there is something really obvious in Max's data

• gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 528
    edited December 2021 tFB Trader
    I suspect that due to the situation Hamilton had in practice (yellow flags not being shown in time for him to back off), not to mention the 2 red flags prior to this, he may have been a bit wary of why Verstappen suddenly slowed so much, thinking he may have missed a yellow or virtual SC call. However, regardless of that it is pretty clear that V slowed even more (either braked or off the throttle) as he moved, right before H hit him. He then hit the gas and shot off.
    As to how the stewards will see it, no clue. Personally, and I'm biased cause I detest Verstappen, I hope his telemetry shows a deliberate brake check and he gets a DQ for dangerous driving.
    I suspect at most he'll bet a few points on his license and a reprimand. The stewards have shown they treat V differently than other drivers, although giving him the 5 secs here may indicate even they can't keep covering his dangerous driving.