The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    edited February 2022
    That lego set is £159.

I looked because I thought about getting one.
    Balls to the Technic Macca. £17.99 is all I need for absolute childhood dream happiness come March 1st. 

Lamborghini Countach 76908  Speed Champions  Buy online at the Official  LEGO Shop GB

Although....

Does It Come In Black Batman GIF - Does It Come In Black Batman Christian  Bale - Discover amp Share GIFs

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That Countach is bloody good. I bought myself a Porsche for my birthday a couple of years back..

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28674
    edited February 2022
    Red Bull have launched their car. It's basically just the FIA model with RB stickers and a new title sponsor, so little worth discussing

AM tomorrow and McLaren on Friday I think

• ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Apparently that Oracle sponsorship is worth $100 million per year.
  • That Countach is bloody good. I bought myself a Porsche for my birthday a couple of years back..

There's a few good new ones. The Ferrari 512 M is tempting...

1970 Ferrari 512 M 76906  Speed Champions  Buy online at the Official LEGO  Shop GB

Aston Martin set is a little disappointing when compared to the Nissan GTR set in the past. But that Countach is instant win and will sit next to these three... 

https://i.imgur.com/vCCu82N.png

• ColsCols Frets: 7701
    I thought they played all of that on TV at the time tbh.

Makes no difference what the teams said anyway - Masi applied one rule specifically for the cars between Ham & Max, and another rule for those behind. 
    The audio from Red Bull Sporting Director Jonathan Wheatley missed general circulation at the time.  However, the FIA has stated "We are aware of this and it is part of the investigation." 

The noose tightens on the unfortunate Masi who, after all, was only following orders.

Wheatley says: "Those lapped cars; you don't need to let them go right the way around and catch up with the back of the pack. You only need to let them go, and then we've got a motor race on our hands."

Masi replies: "Understood."

I'm not sure about everyone else, but from my perspective deliberately shuffling selected backmarkers out of the way of one car and into the path of another directly before restarting is not what I would call "motor racing".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    @Cols you're defo my guy ;)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• @heartfelt that Ferrari 512M looks the business for a small kit. I've currently building the big 1989 Batmobile - I got the last one in the country when they announced it was discontinued. No clue where I'll put it when it's done though.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    You guys that do these Lego kits, do you put them together once and keep them or build and take them apart over and over? 
  • boogieman said:
    You guys that do these Lego kits, do you put them together once and keep them or build and take them apart over and over? 
    They usually stay in one piece, or go back in the box and wait til they're discontinued at which point I'll sell them. I do need to rebuild my Shuttle Discovery though because I did something wrong on the landing gear and they don't work properly.
  • AM out of the gate with the first real car of the 2022. Looks good! Much improved livery and a good looking car overall. Looks like a very heavy cutaway under the side pods, with a very high front wing and tiny square sidepod intakes.

I hope it's quick. 

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Do we take McLaren calling today's thing a "Team Reveal" rather than a "car reveal" to mean that it will be about livery and sponsors rather than a look at the actual car? 
    Red ones are better. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1942
    That is a lot of venting on the Aston
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    euan said:
    That is a lot of venting on the Aston
    Needs it to get rid of all Vettel's hot air.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ribbed for our pleasure.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    TimmyO said:
    Do we take McLaren calling today's thing a "Team Reveal" rather than a "car reveal" to mean that it will be about livery and sponsors rather than a look at the actual car? 
    Isn't the Bulls car just the new paint job on the official FIA model too?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Yeah, the RB one was definitely an FIA mock-up. AM are doing a shakedown today so didn’t bother. Not sure about McLaren but I hope it’s at least an early development version and not just the FIA one again
  • boogieman said:

I tend to keep them out on display for a while, then take them apart and build one of my others - I don't have space for everything to be out at once. At the moment I've got the Space Shuttle out. At some point soon I'll rebuild the Saturn rocket I expect, and then at some point further on again they'll go back into boxes and the Star Wars stuff will come back out.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    boogieman said:

I tend to keep them out on display for a while, then take them apart and build one of my others - I don't have space for everything to be out at once. At the moment I've got the Space Shuttle out. At some point soon I'll rebuild the Saturn rocket I expect, and then at some point further on again they'll go back into boxes and the Star Wars stuff will come back out.
    Interesting, ta. I would’ve thought most of the fun is in doing the build, so not sure why people would just do it once and then leave it assembled forever after. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom