The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    I want Lewis to get No8.

If for no other reason that I enjoy Whinger Spice and Marko having infantile meltdowns.

And I'd love it if WDC No8 was dominant to the point it was wrapped up 2/3 of the way into the season.
    Again? he already got it last year... :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6512
    I want Lewis to get No8.

If for no other reason that I enjoy Whinger Spice and Marko having infantile meltdowns.

And I'd love it if WDC No8 was dominant to the point it was wrapped up 2/3 of the way into the season.
    Yes please, but with every other driver driving Verstappen off track whenever possible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    goldtop said:
    I want Lewis to get No8.

Yes please, but with every other driver driving Verstappen off track whenever possible.
    No no no no

I want Max to fail all on his own. No interference from others.

4th or 5th in the championship would be perfect.

My idea of perfection for the end of the season would be:

1: Hamilton
    2: Russell
    3: Perez.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28677
    edited February 2022
    goldtop said:
    I want Lewis to get No8.

No no no no

Bump Lando and Albon in front of Perez please  

EDIT: and both Ferraris. And DannyRic. And Seb...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I simply want to see them battling on the track without all the old cobblers from last year. Oh, and not to be dead last in Fantasy F1.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ferrari leak. WE'RE GOING BACK TO THE 90s. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7701
    Like the Aston Martin, looks like Ferrari’s gone absolutely mental with bodywork venting.
  • I saw someone suggesting the venting on the AM is actually mostly aero feeding the diffuser. Given the engines are basically the same and the speeds are basically the same, you gotta assume they have a benefit outside of cooling, especially is Ferrari are trying it too. 

It's going to be a fascinating season either way - there's no way everyone's got it equally right. 

Thank god all those complaining of "spec series regs" were talking shit (as usual...)
    Ferrari leak. WE'RE GOING BACK TO THE 90s. 

Full.
    On.
    Chubby.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    goldtop said:
    I want Lewis to get No8.

No no no no

Bump Lando and Albon in front of Perez please  

EDIT: and both Ferraris. And DannyRic. And Seb...
    I'd like that too - but I want Perez on the podium while Max has to watch from below.

And I want Perez invited to the end of season ceremony when Max won't be.

Ok - Swap Russell for Ric in 2nd then. Russell can be 4th.

• RB have a bullshit new sponsor. I assume fan tokens are on the way and they'll be the first to do some shit or other in the metaverse. The deal is clearly one of RB's biggest ever - I don't think they've ever put a sponsor on the front wing before?

Red Bull Racing has signed a deal with cryptocurrency brokerage ByBit. Team principal Christian Horner said the deal will help Red Bull to “enliven the fan experience in F1 through digital innovation” in a way that will let the team have “deeper. more immersive and unique connection with fans around the world.” The deal is rumoured to be worth around $150 million.

Wait until Horner finds out the sponsorship is going to be paid in cryptocurrency.

Hey, has anyone heard from Rich Energy lately?  They normally crawl out from under a rock around this time of year.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I couldn't be bothered with DtS last year. I love that it's getting more people into F1 but it's so much fake drama 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Won’t be watching it.

In previous years it’s been spliced together in order to create artificial drama.  Which I didn’t mind too much, as it’s not difficult to figure out which bits are bollocks.

However, after a few years of DTS it seems like the notable figures have started to ham it up with an eye on “How will this look on Netflix?”.  The outcome will likely be 95% soap opera.

It’s certainly raised the profile of the sport, but it’s a bit too pro wrestling for me.

I watched the first series.

It's gone down hill.

• In defence of DTS they probably haven't had to cleverly edit anything to create artificial drama this year - between the actual drama and the artificial drama the sport created for itself they've probably got enough for a season. Plenty of on track drama with the various HAM-VER collisions, the Baku tyre blowouts, Russell losing his temper at Bottas. Plenty of off track with the limbo wing rubbish, the idiotic stuff Horner said, the idiotic stuff Verst... lots of off track Red Bull drama. I think if it you take it for what it is, an artificially dramatised advert for F1, then its actually quite enjoyable. I've watched the previous 3 seasons and enjoyed them. I don't for one second think any of it is true but enjoyed them all the same. And the DTS interviews with Hamilton are the only time I see him talking where I don't think he's a bellend so it has that going for it.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• My god. It's full of stars...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That is some serious aero work!

Blimey!

• They must be *really* confident this is a good option because you'd never come up with it without data strongly telling you to. Those gills are definitely there for aero reasons. AND it's a proper Ferrari red and not the stupid PMI nonsense.

I really hope they can fight at the front this year. It's been too long.