The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28677
    edited February 2022
    Haas on track. Looks quite short and old-school after the barges of recent years, which is great. Can't tell if the black bit on the sidepod is permanent or for disguise but either way it looks to have some top-of-sidepod vents going on, but in a different way to the Ferrari. And the shark fin is mounted weirdly above the engine cover - no idea how that would be good, but who knows?!

McLaren apparently have a filming slot this afternoon, and Alpine is launching their car later, so hopefully plenty to talk about D 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    I find myself incredibly uninterested in F1 after the farce ending last season. I actually didn't mind who won, Hamilton has never been a favourite of mine, but to end like that and have the result stand was just utter garbage. Worst season ever, and I don't know how Verstappen can sleep at night winning like that. I'm happy for him to win other World Championships but that one is forever tainted. Stolen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a bloody cooling vent. Are we in for a round of "blown beam wing/diffuser round N+1"

• EmielEmiel Frets: 222
    axisus said:
    I find myself incredibly uninterested in F1 after the farce ending last season. I actually didn't mind who won, Hamilton has never been a favourite of mine, but to end like that and have the result stand was just utter garbage. Worst season ever, and I don't know how Verstappen can sleep at night winning like that. I'm happy for him to win other World Championships but that one is forever tainted. Stolen.
    Just look at the stats. 1st or 2nd in all races finished (except for Hungary), scoring the most wins and poles, leading more laps than all others drivers combined. Na, he doesn't deserve it, just based on that final race...  every point of view has been discussed endlessly now. Can't we just focus on the 2022 season? I reckon it will be a fascinating year with full of surprises.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    Stats are meaningless, they don't prove anything, he would've lost the title if the stewards hadn't given it to him, so that's why it's tainted and has been stolen. For long time F1 fans it leaves a bitter taste and despite your best effort to try and get us to brush it under the carpet, it will never be forgotten. Nor should it be, it needs an asterix next to it, like the dodgy TDF years.

2021 was a null year, thanks to Masi and the FIA.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Emiel said:
    axisus said:
    Just look at the stats. 1st or 2nd in all races finished (except for Hungary), scoring the most wins and poles, leading more laps than all others drivers combined. Na, he doesn't deserve it, just based on that final race...  every point of view has been discussed endlessly now. Can't we just focus on the 2022 season? I reckon it will be a fascinating year with full of surprises.
    By the same token if he had been punished appropriately for Brazil and Saudi he would have been nowhere near the points required to challenge, that is without many other dodgy decision through the year that all went toward preserving the "show" of the two being locked in a title fight
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 222
    Yup.. the if word. Look, we all don't like the way how things were dealt with in Brazil and Saudi. But it's all done and dusted now. So, hopefully we can carry on with the 2022 season?  <3
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    Well Lewis has accepted he lost, so I guess so should we. And although I personally don’t think Max deserved the WDC win, I doubt he’s worried about it. Ultimately he’s still got the title, by fair means or foul. I won’t stop watching, but I hope Max gets his arse properly kicked this season.  It’d be good to see the McLarens and Ferraris able to have a proper go at him too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • New Alpine looks ok. Livery still fairly blue but with pink in places. And more funky sidepod vents. 

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    edited February 2022

More pink for the first 2 races!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• ColsCols Frets: 7701
    New Alpine looks ok. Livery still fairly blue but with pink in places. And more funky sidepod vents. 

The colour scheme looks like it was devised by Batman and Robin era Joel Schumacher.

Watch out for bat-nipples on Alonso and Ocon’s race overalls.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Presumably, the Russian GP will now be of the 2022 calendar.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28677
    edited February 2022
    You'd bloody hope so, though FOM being the unprincipled money-hungry folks they are, I'm guessing they will wait until the governments of the world put a load of sanctions in place and then find one to hang the decision on so it becomes contractual force majeure rather than default.

What are the odds of Haas getting another sponsor if needed? They've spent all their time on this car since at least mid-2020 so for all we know it could be quick!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    You'd bloody hope so, though FOM being the unprincipled money-hungry folks they are, I'm guessing they will wait until the governments of the world put a load of sanctions in place and then find one to hang the decision on so it becomes contractual force majeure rather than default.

What are the odds of Haas getting another sponsor if needed? They've spent all their time on this car since at least mid-2020 so for all we know it could be quick!!

There’s still time to fit the cars with armour and guns. Sochi can be a bit dull, that should liven it up a bit.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Haas have moved into the Aston Martin garage to protect the mechanics from Papa Stroll. Allegedly. 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Last few pre-test pics have come through today.

To quote some guy on reddit.. "If looking good makes you faster Williams is going to fuck shit up." :D :D 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    edited February 2022
    Semi thread related: spotted this in a charity shop at the weekend - saw it was real LH merch but hadn’t seen one exactly like it before so nabbed it for my son (mega LH fan) 

Turns out it’s a special one that was done for the 2015 Japanese GP and occasionally change hands for hundreds of pounds. He’s over the moon ! 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good work!!!!
  • Simonh said:
    Emiel said:
    axisus said:
    By the same token if he had been punished appropriately for Brazil and Saudi he would have been nowhere near the points required to challenge, that is without many other dodgy decision through the year that all went toward preserving the "show" of the two being locked in a title fight

Yet he refused to appear in the show because of the scripted rivalry between the two of them.  I think J.S. was right when he said ''the car is now the star''.
  • AT looks like a mix of the AM front end and Renault sidepods/engine cover. 

And more importantly TESTING TODAY!!

I like that there are clearly 3 or 4 different concepts with different levels of implementation across the teams and we have no idea who is going to be quickest. 3.5 weeks to go till Bahrain!!