The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7703
    I'm sure that absolutely everyone in the paddock will scrupulously follow Japanese etiquette over the weekend and avoid discussing the Massive Elephant In The Room, lest it might cause embarrassment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5206
    Hopefully they'll get Karen moaning again, wanker.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• euaneuan Frets: 1942
    Fuckign lol. Honda coming back now they're winning and Porsche isn't buying in

https://www.racefans.net/2022/10/05/honda-logos-return-to-red-bulls-two-teams-for-rest-of-f1-season/ ;

...Honda were never gone.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Boromedic said:

Look on the bright side- It’ll give you something to moan about.

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    tFB Trader
    The FIA said:
    The FIA informs that the conclusion of the analysis of the 2021 financial submissions of the Formula 1 teams and the subsequent release of Certificates of Compliance to the Financial Regulations will not take place on Wednesday, 5 October. The analysis of financial submissions is a long and complex process that is ongoing and will be concluded to enable the release of the Certificates on Monday, 10 October.

The Financial Regulations were agreed unanimously by all Competitors, who have worked positively and collaboratively with the FIA Cost Cap Administration throughout this first year under the Financial Regulations. As previously communicated, there has been significant and unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture in relation to this matter, and the FIA reiterates that until it is finalised, no further information will be provided. The FIA also reiterates that any suggestion that FIA personnel have disclosed sensitive information is equally baseless.
    Sooo... someone has definitely breached the cap and we don't want it overshadowing Max's first proper championship

(subtext because it's RB and there will be SO MANY QUESTIONS if we announce anything before Suzuka)

A couple of the gossip forums are saying it was actually Mercedes who broke the budget cap, something to do with their gearbox and rear suspension supply to AM (hence why they were also named and why Toto immediately went on the attack). However, I can't work out how selling parts to another team would make you spend more money?

I don't believe any of the gossip forums/websites anyway. It's all fan-hatred.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28685
    RiftAmps said:
    The FIA said:
    The FIA informs that the conclusion of the analysis of the 2021 financial submissions of the Formula 1 teams and the subsequent release of Certificates of Compliance to the Financial Regulations will not take place on Wednesday, 5 October. The analysis of financial submissions is a long and complex process that is ongoing and will be concluded to enable the release of the Certificates on Monday, 10 October.

The Financial Regulations were agreed unanimously by all Competitors, who have worked positively and collaboratively with the FIA Cost Cap Administration throughout this first year under the Financial Regulations. As previously communicated, there has been significant and unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture in relation to this matter, and the FIA reiterates that until it is finalised, no further information will be provided. The FIA also reiterates that any suggestion that FIA personnel have disclosed sensitive information is equally baseless.
    Sooo... someone has definitely breached the cap and we don't want it overshadowing Max's first proper championship

(subtext because it's RB and there will be SO MANY QUESTIONS if we announce anything before Suzuka)

A couple of the gossip forums are saying it was actually Mercedes who broke the budget cap, something to do with their gearbox and rear suspension supply to AM (hence why they were also named and why Toto immediately went on the attack). However, I can't work out how selling parts to another team would make you spend more money?

I don't believe any of the gossip forums/websites anyway. It's all fan-hatred.
    Both points very true. I honestly don't care who has overspent as long as there is an appropriate penalty for it. I've seen so many suggestions and conspiracy theories the last few days I'm past caring. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6524
    ^ I think if Mercedes was over-spending Karen would have managed to throw some shade their way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    There's nothing to this effect on any of the news sites (reputable or clickbait), so I'm reaching for my largest pinch of salt on this one.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5206
    Boromedic said:

Got your parcel back yet? Paid the fees? ;)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:

Got your parcel back yet? Paid the fees? ;)
    Ha, ha! Good one!

Schumacher doing his hopes of a drive for next year no good whatsoever by piling it into the barriers on the way back to the pits.

Not as bad as the hapless Latifi, who couldn't even remember which way to go at the chicane.  At least he's not looking for a drive for next year.

Merc must be hoping for rain on Sunday, but tomorrow will be dry.
    DeVries getting a spot at AT and Gasly going to Alpine. I don't have a lot of time for the current form of the Alpine team but think it's a good move for Gasly rather than staying at AT even longer.

What seats are left? One each at Haas & Williams? 
    Yup, that’s all there is left.  Delighted for Gasly, he really deserved better over the past few years than being stalled at AT.

The rumours are that Ricciardo will take up a position as a reserve driver at Mercedes.  Unless Mercedes are combining that with an actual race programme in another series, I can’t see the logic in this.  He can’t do any of the FP1 outings on account of not actually being a young driver.  There’s no way for him to rebuild his reputation this way other than with Mercedes... and they don’t appear to have any openings.

True, Hamilton’s current deal finishes at the end of next year.  However, Wolff has been declaring that Hamilton has at least another 5 years in him, so there doesn’t look like being a race seat opening in 2024 unless Lewis decides he’s had enough.
    I guess the DR to Merc logic is it’s the best test seat he could get (arguably maybe better than racing with Haas/Williams) and it gets him a foot in the door in case Lewis decides to stop. 

Either way he’s gotta get himself into another series. Are Merc involved in the new WEC stuff? I’ve seen a bunch of stories around new cars from Porsche Ferrari Toyota etc
    Verstappen gets away scot free for this?

https://youtu.be/gL0zGskJ9S0 

I don’t believe for one minute that it was a deliberate assassination attempt, but it seems extraordinary that almost causing a catastrophic accident is consequence-free.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    tFB Trader
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• Cols said:
    Verstappen gets away scot free for this?

https://youtu.be/gL0zGskJ9S0 

I don’t believe for one minute that it was a deliberate assassination attempt, but it seems extraordinary that almost causing a catastrophic accident is consequence-free.
    It wasn't a hot lap for either of them and there was no deliberate intent - let it got.  And I detest MV.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8099
    I’m a Lando fan.

I dislike Max.

I think it’s the right outcome 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Wet start, hopefully this will make it a good one.

Well that was a great race! Same time next year? :D 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom