The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5206
    Cols said:
    Good news, but overturned on a technicality that Haas submitted their protest to the stewards 24 minutes after the deadline. 

The more fundamental question is that Fernando was hit with a whopping time penalty after he hadn't been shown a flag to call him in for loose bodywork.  If Haas had submitted their protest in time, this would still stand.
    Yeah, super shady and a real shame they still don't have the balls to say "yeah actually that's on us - should've been a O/B flag so we shouldn't penalise him later".

As for RB, I heard rumours of 25% reduction in total aero tunnel/CFD time which is HUGE if true.
    I think they've already "refused" that punishment apparently, which is patently ridiculous. Needs to be a deterrent whatever it is, I think they thought other teams would do the same like they try with the technical regs and then were like, oh shittttttt.

Here's to a valid punishment for cheating.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-announce-red-bull-fine-and-10-reduction-in-car-development/

7 million fine and 10% reduction in wind tunnel time.

Toothless cowards.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6160
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-announce-red-bull-fine-and-10-reduction-in-car-development/

Toothless cowards.
    Indeed.  I would have forced them to use the 2022 car in 2023.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2022

Toothless cowards.
    What a crock, Horner proved to be lying again too, what a lovely guy... Said that the overspend was only in the 100s of thousands. What, you mean 18x a hundred thousand, dick.

• ColsCols Frets: 7703

Toothless cowards.
    And because Red Bull are running at 70% of baseline due to their championship position, it’s effectively a 7% reduction.

Bloody good deal.  It’s nice when you can negotiate your own penalty for breaking the rules.
  • I wonder if any other teams will now consider it worthwhile overspending.

• https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-announce-red-bull-fine-and-10-reduction-in-car-development/

Toothless cowards.
    Did their cheating mean they won the 2021 championship. Probably.

Does the fine compensate for that? No.

What does that encourage you to do in the future? Cheat and pay the fine.

Is that ok? No.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1423
    edited October 2022
    It's a shambles.

Toto putting on a good front when you can tell that secretly he's raging. 

Basically the cheats won and now everything has been done, that needs to be done, to protect that result.

I thought that his comment on "reputational damage" was interesting.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1580
    Did you read Max’s comments at the bottom or that planet f1 article posted above? What a total dick…

Max Verstappen has already made his thoughts clear, the double World Champion saying it is “sore” feelings from Red Bull’s rivals that have created the drama.

“They are sore anyway so it doesn’t matter what they say or what you do,” he said ahead of Friday’s announcement.

“I can [brush it off]. Probably they can’t and they will never be able to so that’s a problem for them to deal with.”

edited October 2022
    Goes to show how well they've created the narrative for themselves, most of his driving in 21 crossed the line anyway. So he cheated on the track and prospered and Red Bull cheated off it and prospered, yet some folk are okay with this cos it meant Lewis and Mercedes didn't win. 

Him and Horner are well suited and it's one of the reasons I've never really took to Red Bull, I think that shadiness has been there since the start. Almost their modus...

Ironically enough the same people probably moan in real life if someone cheats them. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Not only that, but Horner feels they are “due an apology from our rivals” for having the immortal rind to suggest that Red Bull did anything untoward.  Honestly, the very thought.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1423
    Horner is just the exact kind of wanker that RBR needed.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6226
    Just, uggggghhhhh. 
  • aroofaroof Frets: 67
    sinbaadi said:
    Horner is just the exact kind of wanker that RBR needed.  
    He is a despicable character.

When he is being 'nice' it seems completely insincere, when he is acting like a twat it seems absolutely genuine.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Ferrari have raised a legitimate point that the reduction in wind tunnel/CFD time is not accompanied by a corresponding drop in Red Bull’s cost cap, therefore they can take the money they would have used on wind tunnel/CFD and spend it on other car improvements.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I maintain Horner is doing a good job in the eyes of Red Bull owners. He’d have been canned years ago otherwise.

I maintain Horner is doing a good job in the eyes of Red Bull owners. He’d have been canned years ago otherwise.
    Yeah, because he's good at being a liar and a cheat. Why are you defending it, it's whataboutery isn't it? 

Red Bull cheated, but it's okay Horner is doing a good job and RB like him.... So do you condone cheating then?

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Boromedic said:
    Yeah, because he's good at being a liar and a cheat. Why are you defending it, it's whataboutery isn't it? 

Red Bull cheated, but it's okay Horner is doing a good job and RB like him.... So do you condone cheating then?

Let the red mist clear and re-read what I said.

edited October 2022
    Boromedic said:

Let the red mist clear and re-read what I said.
    I don't have any red mist fella, it's pretty black and white is it not? I'm not angry at all so perhaps re-read what I said. I'm just direct in the fact that they cheated and Horner lied about it and is still playing the victim too, he could be BJ at this rate.

I just think Red Bull cheated and the sanctions should be more punitive. It's a straightforward enough question, rather than whataboutery, do you think Red Bull cheated or not?

I think it's pretty obvious RB think Horner is doing a good job, although 7 years off the top step isn't great performance previously.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8098
    I didn’t think it was possible for Horner to seem more cunty to me than he already has many times - but he’s proved me wrong. 

This “blah blah draconian blah blah other teams will have an advantage blah” is wilful smoke and mirrors to distract from what they (and across the pit lane only they) were found to have done. 
    Red ones are better.