The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6226
    I think Horner might be the best TP in the pit lane. He keeps his team not only winning but getting a lot more media attention than any other team, I’m sure his bosses are thrilled with how he handles the job. 

I also dislike him and style intensely. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    TimmyO said:
    I didn’t think it was possible for Horner to seem more cunty to me than he already has many times - but he’s proved me wrong. 

This “blah blah draconian blah blah other teams will have an advantage blah” is wilful smoke and mirrors to distract from what they (and across the pit lane only they) were found to have done. 
    Exactly. He dismisses all the advantages that his own team have had for the last two seasons of course. I’m not a great fan of the C word but boy has he earnt it. 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6520
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited October 2022
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:
    I maintain Horner is doing a good job in the eyes of Red Bull owners. He’d have been canned years ago otherwise.
    Yeah, because he's good at being a liar and a cheat. Why are you defending it, it's whataboutery isn't it? 

Red Bull cheated, but it's okay Horner is doing a good job and RB like him.... So do you condone cheating then?

Let the red mist clear and re-read what I said.
    I don't have any red mist fella, it's pretty black and white is it not? I'm not angry at all so perhaps re-read what I said. I'm just direct in the fact that they cheated and Horner lied about it and is still playing the victim too, he could be BJ at this rate.

I just think Red Bull cheated and the sanctions should be more punitive. It's a straightforward enough question, rather than whataboutery, do you think Red Bull cheated or not?

I think it's pretty obvious RB think Horner is doing a good job, although 7 years off the top step isn't great performance previously.

Honestly, I don’t know if RedBull “cheated”. They certainly overspent though, according to FIA.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6520
    OK, how about "gained an advantage by breaking the rules"?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8098
    Horner’s most recent comments seem to be focussed on

1 - how next year other teams will have an advantage but RB just bought more hospitality croissants
    2 - how others are “choosing the narrative that suits them”

Which is ironic. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28682
    I skipped through a race replay over breakfast. And they say Hamilton's dominance was boring! 

Hard to feel good about it when they had more development money than everyone else though
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6226
    The dynamics between the top three after the race was far more entertaining to watch than the race itself. 

It was lovely to see a little of old Riciardo though. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    'Nando claiming that Hamilton's 7 titles were worth less than Max's 2 because LH only had to beat his team mate was pathetic.

Presumably Senna's title against Prost in 88 was worthless?
    And Prost's against Senna in 89?

What a tool.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

'Nando claiming that Hamilton's 7 titles were worth less than Max's 2 because LH only had to beat his team mate was pathetic.

Presumably Senna's title against Prost in 88 was worthless?
    And Prost's against Senna in 89?

What a tool.
    Let's not forget that Ham beat 2-1 the only teammate he ever got beaten to a title by (Nico Rosberg). Something Alonso didn't manage in 2007 when he was the incumbent champ against a rookie AND when they unquestionably had the best car, no less. 

All a load of hot air from the Verstappen camp, as usual. 
    It seems however much RB spend on hospitality croissants in future, Ted Kravitz isn't allowed any
    Red ones are better. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I bloody love Ted. Happy to call a spade a spade and can absolutely back up his opinions with immense knowledge
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5206
    I bloody love Ted. Happy to call a spade a spade and can absolutely back up his opinions with immense knowledge
    WHats been said, I don't have Sky unfortunately :(

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    dazzajl said:

It was lovely to see a little of old Riciardo though. 
    Shame about that kamikaze move that earned him the time penalty, it did smack of desperation a bit. 

Exactly...! 
    Boromedic said:
    More pertinently, there are tales now that MV won't talk to Sky as a result 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    Boromedic said:
    More pertinently, there are tales now that MV won't talk to Sky as a result 
    Hahaha, truth hurts I guess......

Meanwhile there are those that think RB haven't cheated, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• I've just read that Ted Kravitz calls Lando Norris "Nozzer", which Lando puts up with but doesn't really like, and it's made my day :)

My favourite story about him though is that Richard Porter of Top Gear/Grand Tour/Sniff Petrol always used to say that Ted Kravitz sounded like a made up name and his real name was probably Lumsden Bumhat or something... when Ted met Richard for the first time, he introduced himself as Lumsden Bumhat. Top bloke, and as already mentioned, his F1 knowledge is second-to-none (although I think James Allen would come a close second; or at least he would have done a few years back).
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)